Honored Contributor

I LOVE chili----can't make a good one  to save my soleWoman Frustrated but found a recipe for the IP--it sonds good and got good reviews--haven't made it yet but was wondering if there is a good recipe out there amongst all you  that you would share.  TIA

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   For years, since it was recommended by Weight Watchers, I've used Williams Chili Mix in the silver envelope at the grocery store.  It calls for 2 lbs of meat and I use my own combo of tomato products depending on what I have on hand.  I add a chopped onion, mild green chiles and kidney beans right before it's done.  I serve it with shredded cheese and Fritos on top. 

Please note that true chili epicurians do not put beans in chili but I happen to like it that way.  In Texas that's an offense punishable by hanging. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Williams Chili Mix for me also and add black beans and whatever tomatoes on hand.  

Honored Contributor

It's cooler here with the rain from tropical storm Fred.  

I love taco salad that we're having for dinner, but chili sounds wonderful.

If we have extra taco meat, we save it to make hamburger or hot dog chili.  Occasionally, I'll have something with 1/2 bun.

Honored Contributor

BY far and away the best chili recipe is the one from the 2 Alarm Chili Kit by Wick Fowler.  I love that chili and you can make it hot or not but the flavor is rich and wonderful.

I measured out the ingredients, they are in separate packs, and now just make it on my own without the spice package.  But it is number 1, real chili with a deep chili taste.

It is good with kidney beans if you must, thick or thin, served over rice or even on a hot dog!  Use good ground beef or even ground beef and white meat ground turkey and it is still good and authentic!  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

BY far and away the best chili recipe is the one from the 2 Alarm Chili Kit by Wick Fowler.  I love that chili and you can make it hot or not but the flavor is rich and wonderful.

I measured out the ingredients, they are in separate packs, and now just make it on my own without the spice package.  But it is number 1, real chili with a deep chili taste.

It is good with kidney beans if you must, thick or thin, served over rice or even on a hot dog!  Use good ground beef or even ground beef and white meat ground turkey and it is still good and authentic!  

I agree as it is our favorite, but we buy the False Alarm version. It is still plenty spicy. No beans in the chili, but I have been known to cook "a pot of pinto beans and a batch of cornbread" to serve with the chili and make a meal. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 ---funny....... I like beans in my chili too----will look for that mix at my store---thanks

Valued Contributor

Williams seasoning is all we have ever used. For the first time I am going to try WIlliams Spaghetti mix. It should be good.

Trusted Contributor

BUSH'S Chili Magic Chili Starter, Traditional Mild, 16 oz ...

We use chili starter the recipe is on the back, if im in a hurry i pick up Wendy's restaurant chili to go, it's delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

BUSH'S Chili Magic Chili Starter, Traditional Mild, 16 oz ...

We use chili starter the recipe is on the back, if im in a hurry i pick up Wendy's restaurant chili to go, it's delicious. 

LOVE Bush's products, and I've NEVER SEEN THIS! HAPPY FRIDAY!!