Frequent Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Re: Let me apologize first... re: Albany irvin

I wouldn't say I dislike her or like her that much either, I think she 's fine. She is very good at giving you all the info you need on products I'll say that for her, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other host on the Q.  I would say she is definitiely "for real"  thats just the way she is !!!  Maybe a little corny but very down to earth.  j

Trusted Contributor

I had to turn her off when she was on with Chaz (she's usually a click for me anyway) just too touchy feely.  Seems to be way overboard with all the male vendors.  And the southern charm grates.  Can you tell she's not my favorite!

Honored Contributor

I like Albany. I think she's very knowledgeable about what she's presenting and she's hilarious.

Respected Contributor

I like her.  She's a hoot and never boring.

I must be a cornpone too.  I've been known to say "for crying in the bucket."

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Does apologizing first prevent threads like this from getting poofed?

Honored Contributor

What?  OK, so should I be insulted?  I grew up with some relatives who talked like that.  Look!  We are a country of many cultures, colloquial phrases/words, languages, you name it honey!

That's what makes this country so great!  You can go down to New Orleans and hear people talking (and know they're talking English and not understand a word).  That's the beauty of New Orleans, that's what makes it special.

Part of my family is from the southern part of Va.  Some of them talk like that still.  It's funny because I've always lived in Northern Va, I do not Southern accent, yet they tease me about my Southern accent (swear to you).

We all have things we like or dislike and this is your right.  I doubt that she's going to change (I hope not).  It's part of what makes her who she is.  Those who know her know if it's for real, doesn't matter.  

She is not your friend.  She is actually a performer (as are all of the hosts).  This is the way she presents herself.  I find it entertaining and sometimes it brings back memories of growing up and visiting my relatives in southern Va.  Those were nice memories.  

Thanks Albany!

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

Does apologizing first prevent threads like this from getting poofed?

giggle.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well for cryin in a bucket

apology accepted

Love Albany - super intelligentl, beautiful and lots of energy - does she get hyper sometimes - yea

but she has so much more to offer than those who shave their armpits for your gratification.