Re: Let me apologize first... re: Albany irvin

I don't understand why you don't like Albany. I have found her to be a breath of fresh air on QVC. So what she uses southern comments....she probably was born and raised down south. I myself, was born and raised in NY and a lot of people tell me I sound like the gangsters on the Sopranos! I am Italian and if I said 2 words to you, you would know. I am not ashamed of who I am or where I come from, and I'm sure Miss Albany Irving also feels the same way about where she was raised. Maybe you should do some soul searching and see if you loved where you grew up. Don't hate the players, hate the game I always say. I think you may be a little jealous of her, and that is not a good thing. Why would you write that in the first place?
Honored Contributor

Albany may have a few sayings that I've never heard of, but they don't bother me.  She is a great host.  Always prepared and knowledgeable about the product.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another day, another thread where people don't pay careful attention to what an OP is saying and then jump all over her.

The OP seems to be of the belief that Albany's Southern-isms are insincere, like she's doing it to appeal to certain viewers and probably does not talk like that in her everyday life. If you have a problem with that assertion, fine, but it's not really fair to jump all over the OP as though she's a snob who looks down on all southerners. That's not what the thread was saying. Right, @zzzz2z ?

Honored Contributor

I get that the OP seems to be of the belief that Albany's Southern-isms are insincere, but to me and others (according to the posts) it seems to be another post to encourage negative comments on a host they do not like!!!!  I just don't understand why some think they just have to post negative stuff about hosts and then say that is why we have remotes so we can opt out of what annoys us!!  

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Well for cryin in a bucket

apology accepted

Love Albany - super intelligentl, beautiful and lots of energy - does she get hyper sometimes - yea

but she has so much more to offer than those who shave their armpits for your gratification.

made me laugh.  thanks.

Honored Contributor

I am not an Albany fan, but I'm tired of the constant complaints about her. Not because I don't agree, but because it's an exercise in futility. The Q will not call her on her behavior because s-x-al inuendo sells and she's so good at it.

Valued Contributor

I did not see her for a few months and was very surprised when I heard her speak. She sounds like she has done some serious work to approximate General American Speech as her drawl was modulated considerably. 

Make no mistake, her expressions belie a tack sharp mind. She was not plucked from the boonies but has lived in Las Vegas, now lives in the East and is very smart. She is a performer who brings a persona to QVC and does a good job. If her bosses found her lacking or abrasive, they would provide the coaching necessary to improve her style. 

The Q has something for everyone and a variety of hosts, designers, and product reps to connect with every customer. 

QVC Social Team

Regular Contributor

I like Albany. I live in the South, and I like the way she talks. Though i'm a foreigner, I've lived here so long, i'm an honorary redneck. I've never watched her acting crazy, but even if I did, I would not feel as put out as I do when other hosts run amok inventing words, or erroneously thinking they are dang adorable.
Trusted Contributor

Judy Canova reincarnated