Respected Contributor

I think you need to give them a break with vendors doing skype , it is hard to know when to start or end a conversation when they are in 2 different locations. There is one vendor exception , she doesn't care ,she wants to do all of the talking , she should do all of her shows solo on Q2 and see how the sales are.

Honored Contributor

I know when I am confronted with rudeness and it's not on QVC.

Honored Contributor
@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Foxxee Not being mean but what do you expect on a shopping channel besides "sales pitches"!

@Love my grandkids 

How about describing the product in detail.  Showing different angles.  Some vendors try to do that, but are constantly interrupted with sales tactics pressuring viewers to buy.  

I call them "manipulating" viewers to buy without awareness they are being manipulated to buy.

I observed the hard sell QVC is using now began around 2017 when QVC's sales were down.  It began escalating from 2017 because I would say sales continued to slip.  

Respected Contributor

VENDOR only.  I like that format.  Forget the chatty, quirky hosts.  There are new threads just about every day with complaints about this host or that host.  Forget using hosts.  VENDOR only.

Problem solved.

Respected Contributor

@anxious1    Welcome to the forums.  

I believe more than one factor is in play here.  First of all, because the vendor is participating remotely there is a lag time/ delay which sometimes  results in  people talking over/past each other.  There is no  intentional rudeness.  This cross-talking is seen in other non-shopping live TV programs that have guests participating remotely.

Second,  I remember when I did NOT have a  computer at home and therefore relied on phoning in my order, that some of that repetition was vital to me, especially in terms of hearing the names of colors--such as sea glass versus aqua,  versus sea foam,  or whatever grouping of colors that were so similar that I wanted to be sure I was going to order the correct one, especially with the automated phone number for ordering that ended in "1212".

AND then it was important to know how many were left in a particular color because when the colors cycle through on the auto recorded phone  process you have to press your selection quickly or have to hear the whole auto list again or miss out or wind up picking the wrong color or finding out it is no longer available.

I still keep a pad and pen near me when  I watch so I can jot down the item number and other info while I am watching so that when I make up my  mind I can quickly order on line and activate my cash back--Rakuten--option.

So I like the host/vendor combo presentations and will be  happy when they can again be together in the studios.  

And it is easier and smoother for the production to flow  when both  are in house and the interaction is better but the host always  has the primary responsibility to keep things moving.  

The longtime seasoned vendors like Chef Tony, or Jan M.  for Vitamix, or Valerie Parr Hill don't  need as much direction or support from the host but the interaction between host and vendor is important to me and makes the show more informative and interesting. 

And when the combos were together pre pandemic remember they both had the earpieces in so the directors were telling them how to proceed.  Ever notice when cookbooks were being presented that the picures in the book were highlighted or the host would be "ear directed" to  feature/repeat a particular dessert from the book--probably because orders spiked when it had been focused upon?

QVC is a shopping channel and their primary purpose is to get the viewers to buy the items they present.  I have never watched any presentation that had zero info other than colors and the amount sold.  In  my longtime viewing experience the segments are long enough that other info is provided--like dimensions, clothing size, material, how to use an item, etc.

Best, and again, welcome to the  forums.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

From my observation, it appears to me producers are telling hosts to interrupt to go over colors, tell viewers it's the only order of the year, we can get it for this low price on easy pay, this many sold, this many left, then on to colors again. 

Not much incentive to watch when all I hear are sales pitches.

When all you hear are sales pitches?  You do realize this is a shopping channel.  Their job is to literally pitch sales.

Esteemed Contributor

How dare they try to sell me something when all I want to do is watch and be entertained. 

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

Good for you.  Shawn must be your favorite host.  Too bad her producers keep bothering her by giving her product information through her earpiece.  It interrupts her "quirky" behavior, as many love to call it.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

From my observation, it appears to me producers are telling hosts to interrupt to go over colors, tell viewers it's the only order of the year, we can get it for this low price on easy pay, this many sold, this many left, then on to colors again. 

Not much incentive to watch when all I hear are sales pitches.

Yes, on nearly everything, it's the last order of the  year? 

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand the frustration regarding the sales tactics.  Of course they obviously want to sell as much as possible but I have to say sometimes it's laughable when the hosts stop talking and hold their earpiece and ask "Bob" the producer, how many are left????

These are flying out the door, only order of the year, blah blah blah.   I have the Q on most of the day in the background.  My hubby is so funny at times, he'll walk through the room and yell to me, you better hurry, you're going to miss out!!!!   LOL,  he just doesn't get the whole shopping channel thing in the first place,  he is in tune however and never even watches it!!  Cracks me upSmiley Happy