Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

This is why I watch the Q on line if I am interested in a product.  I cannot watch people being rude and without manners whether or not the producer is pushing them. Going over colors is constant while important details are lacking.

This is an old complaint  and the tiresome repetitive format keeps on going.  

@spiderw 

Thats a great solution, but the problem is the description on the website is sometimes very limited, mostly just sales fluff---and no one seems to answer the questions posted---so thats why I feel the need to watch the on air presentations.....but if the host is annoying then I just turn the channel....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Don't think they are rude... just doing what they are told to do.  Limited time.  

limited time?  plenty of time to talk about inane stuff, and when they show 4 items an hour there is plenty of time to tell me sizes, fabric content. 

it is the way they have done it for 30 years and they don't want to change it up.

@jackthebear 

Your so right they find plenty of time to insert personal stories or play 20 questions with the vendor, or have a gigglefest....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

That is what I want to hear!  The sales pitch!.  What does it do?  Why does it make a difference.  The proper way to use it.  How do I care for it.  The color and how many are left does not tell me much.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Foxxee Not being mean but what do you expect on a shopping channel besides "sales pitches"!

@Love my grandkids @Miss Pepsi 

Speaking for a lot of us....Instead of just "sales fluff" or host silliness--- we want product details (fabrication info, does the garment run true to size, measurements so we dont have to have two devices to obtain that info on the product, garment care, and when applicable for certain categories--performance information- show us how it works) With good information that means less returns for QVC--thats a win/win situation for customers, QVC, and vendors...

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I was watching QVC 2 with the Joan Rivers rep on Zoom and his model/cohost Bitsy on Zoom. It was so low key and refreshing. They knew the merchandise and showed many ways to wear the apparel. They had no technical problems and did not talk over each other. No frantic sales pitches. Very professional.

Honored Contributor

I'll give you a perfect example of a bad presentation---

--There was a Patricia Nash Handbag Show---Patricia kept trying to relay info on the inspiration for the design, how the bag was made and give product details but the host kept interrupting her with personal stories and just nonsense that had nothing to do with the item being presented neither did it have to do with order updates .....You could visibly tell that Patricia was frustrated and annoyed....And annoying for me as a prospecrive buyer and I didnt end up ordering anything either...and finally just grabbed my remote no point continuing to watch

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

From my observation, it appears to me producers are telling hosts to interrupt to go over colors, tell viewers it's the only order of the year, we can get it for this low price on easy pay, this many sold, this many left, then on to colors again. 

Not much incentive to watch when all I hear are sales pitches.

@Foxxee 

You NAILED IT!!! And sometimes the hosts are just being silly and goofing around...and their info about the product is that they go over colors AGAIN! Woman Frustrated And when hosts are just wasting valuable time its also or should be the Producers job to also tell the host to quit fooling around and get down to business (and some hosts have mentioned the Producer has said it was time to get back to the presentation) but sadly sometimes the Producer even joins in on the nonsense and the hosts relay the Producer's jokes or and what the host thinks are the Producer's funny comments!!! 🙄 I dont think a lot of items get sold 

Honored Contributor

Spurt!

I know what you are saying and agree with getting more information watching the presentation at times.  I chose to shop the Q on line but I do watch certain shows like Valerie's which are for me relaxing.  This complaint about rude hosts is an old one as I stated and we have to decide our way to deal with it until the format changes if ever it does.  Thanks for your response!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Using vendors to do a host's job strikes me as QVC getting hosts on the cheap, i.e. not having to pay host salaries.

Trusted Contributor

@anxious1  I once saw Amy Stran host a show of handbags, I think it was Frye handbags. This was way before covid. She did ok for the most part and I do like Amy ok. However when they got to one bag amy did colors the vendor said I would like to do a tour of theb ag and Amy cut her off and started talking about the q cardand why you should get what you want before it sells out. She then did colors 2 more times and never let the vendor show this particular bag as she did with the other bags. Good grief I can see the colors myself. But they never showed the inside of the bag and they were not out of time because Amy killed several minutes rambling about other things. Q card information could be done in between shows or at the beginning of a show or after a procuct is shown. Never could figure out what happened . I do get tired of the host constantly interrupting the vendor during a product description with this one is the most popular, 200 orders placed etc. That info is not important.