Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart You’re kidding me! 😾  Are you sure? If that’s true I will have to seriously rethink where I spend my money. Thanks for the info!

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@GingerPeachwrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

I surely don't know why QVC takes so long to process/ship/receive.  I never get an order in less than 10 days.  Doesn't matter, not in a hurry.

HOWEVER,  we all KNOW that QVC is slow!!!

What I want to know is why people order from the Q, one of the slowest shippers out there, and then complain about it?

A thread was started yesterday by a long time shopper complaining about the same thing.

No, it shouldn't take this long; yes, it is frustrating and annoying.

But why continue to shop somewhere you KNOW full well will not deliver your item quickly?  Not trying to be mean or argumentative, I just don't understand why anyone would order from Q if they are in a hurry?  We should be willing to accept the fact it is what it is. 

I'm guessing that those of us who have experienced faster shipping from other retailers will hope that QVC might change its shipping processes.  Surely if other big retailers can, so can QVC.

I like QVC for other reasons but I see no reason this company can't improve on its shipping.  I don't think anyone is asking for super quick shipping, perhaps just more efficient shipping.

Cheapest shipping costs the least and takes the longest. 

Not sure what you mean, @febe1.  I was talking about efficiency, not cost.

The major problem seems to be inside of the Q, in the 'processing' time, not as much (well, maybe a little) the time it takes for an actual delivery company to make the delivery once an item leaves the Q.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

My experience is that if an item is shipped sure post it takes much longer for delivery.  If it comes by UPS itself it is rather fast.  My Bliss recliner ordered Sunday was delivered today yet a lantern I ordered that came via mail took much longer, sitting in the post office for 4 days.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

Q just outsourced some jobs to Poland and laid off a few hundred US workers.  This tells me all I need to know about Q's interest in U.S. workers and its ethics.

If I recall correctly, 200 of those laid off were from warehouses so expect shipping and returns to become even slower.

This is very misleading and does not tell the entire story of the business reasons for consolidation. 

We have NO idea what departments were affected.  Also, additional workers WERE hired in the U.S.

The issue was back in 2016.

Please refer to thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/QVC-Please-Quit-Outsourcing-Jobs-Overseas-When-U-S-Citiz...

Especially posts #15,16,17 & 22

where it was discussed recently at length.

If this happened again, please provide news links for verification.

Contributor

The thing I find MORE annoying than the slow shipping is the inability to cancel an item which has not yet shipped, and then having to wait another 3 or 4 days until the item actually ships. Seriously?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

@CalminHeartwrote:

Q outsourced some jobs to Poland and laid off a few hundred US workers.  This tells me all I need to know about Q's interest in U.S. workers and its ethics.

If I recall correctly, 200 of those laid off were from warehouses so expect shipping and returns to become even slower.

This is very misleading and does not tell the entire story of the business reasons for consolidation. 

We have NO idea what departments were affected.  Also, additional workers WERE hired in the U.S.

The issue was back in 2016.

Please refer to thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/QVC-Please-Quit-Outsourcing-Jobs-Overseas-When-U-S-Citiz...

Especially posts #15,16,17 & 22

where it was discussed recently at length.

If this happened again, please provide news links for verification.

Outsourcing jobs is unethical no matter the business reasons.  Businesses will tell you it's for all kinds of "wonderful" reasons but the bottom line is they move their factories, corporate offices, etc to other countries.  I worked for a huuuuge corporation for 39 years and watched it happen there.  They gave US jobs to people in other countries and let US workers go.  It happens very often these days with businesses all over the country....automotive, financial, shopping, fast food, etc.  

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3wrote:

I've got you all beat....lol.  I ordered a lantern Dec 3.  It's still in Columbus!!  Of course, I don't even care anymore!

becca lou wrote: It could have to do with all the crazy weather.That's my guess. And It's still going on. And we will sure have more when spring hits. Just one storm after another.