Honored Contributor

I had an advance order of a product that was suppose to ship Feb 26th....  I waited close to a month for that day to come.... and ....well ...that  ship day passed  well into march and  my order page still said that the ship date was Feb 26th..... I cancelled the order.  No way am I going to wait a month for an order to ship and then NOT HAVE IT SHIP.

Interesting thing about the above order... I ordered it  way before it sold out when they were airing it.....  and  IT STILL went to advanced order...???  How could something I ordered  BEFORE IT SOLD OUT... go to advanced order and at the back of the line....??? Hmmmm......

This is why QVC will fail as a business competing with Amazon and the like.  Even the other shopping channels seem to get their orders to me.  It  is only QVC that I have issues with both on ordering and just trying to navigate their darn website which is the  WORST WEBSITE ON THE ENTIRE WEB.

Honored Contributor

The only time I get things rather quickly is when the are only in process for a short time (a day or two), then go out UPS, and are delivered by UPS.

USPS takes forever, and that SmartPost thing (DumbPost, actually), adds another three days at least.  It's not uncommon for items to take 10 days or more to arrive at my door.

Respected Contributor

HSN, unfortunately, is now doing the same thing and items are coming in UPS packages, which makes it a little difficult to send back.  Qvc is now doing the same.  I must use one of my own QVC brown envelopes or an old UPS envelope and send the items back that  way.   What happens when I run out of old QVC and HSN packaging?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

I surely don't know why QVC takes so long to process/ship/receive.  I never get an order in less than 10 days.  Doesn't matter, not in a hurry.

HOWEVER,  we all KNOW that QVC is slow!!!

What I want to know is why people order from the Q, one of the slowest shippers out there, and then complain about it?

A thread was started yesterday by a long time shopper complaining about the same thing.

No, it shouldn't take this long; yes, it is frustrating and annoying.

But why continue to shop somewhere you KNOW full well will not deliver your item quickly?  Not trying to be mean or argumentative, I just don't understand why anyone would order from Q if they are in a hurry?  We should be willing to accept the fact it is what it is. 

I'm guessing that those of us who have experienced faster shipping from other retailers will hope that QVC might change its shipping processes.  Surely if other big retailers can, so can QVC.

I like QVC for other reasons but I see no reason this company can't improve on its shipping.  I don't think anyone is asking for super quick shipping, perhaps just more efficient shipping.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

I surely don't know why QVC takes so long to process/ship/receive.  I never get an order in less than 10 days.  Doesn't matter, not in a hurry.

HOWEVER,  we all KNOW that QVC is slow!!!

What I want to know is why people order from the Q, one of the slowest shippers out there, and then complain about it?

A thread was started yesterday by a long time shopper complaining about the same thing.

No, it shouldn't take this long; yes, it is frustrating and annoying.

But why continue to shop somewhere you KNOW full well will not deliver your item quickly?  Not trying to be mean or argumentative, I just don't understand why anyone would order from Q if they are in a hurry?  We should be willing to accept the fact it is what it is. 

I'm guessing that those of us who have experienced faster shipping from other retailers will hope that QVC might change its shipping processes.  Surely if other big retailers can, so can QVC.

I like QVC for other reasons but I see no reason this company can't improve on its shipping.  I don't think anyone is asking for super quick shipping, perhaps just more efficient shipping.

Cheapest shipping costs the least and takes the longest. 

Honored Contributor

Q just outsourced some jobs to Poland and laid off a few hundred US workers.  This tells me all I need to know about Q's interest in U.S. workers and its ethics.

If I recall correctly, 200 of those laid off were from warehouses so expect shipping and returns to become even slower.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart That happened a year and a half ago. I know because I got really upset at the Q over it. I don’t think they’ll be doing it again anytime soon. They got a lot of bad PR.  I don’t know what their shipping and processing problem is now, but they’re losing a lot of business because of it, 

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

The only time I get things rather quickly is when the are only in process for a short time (a day or two), then go out UPS, and are delivered by UPS.

USPS takes forever, and that SmartPost thing (DumbPost, actually), adds another three days at least.  It's not uncommon for items to take 10 days or more to arrive at my door.

DumbPost...Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I've got you all beat....lol.  I ordered a lantern Dec 3.  It's still in Columbus!!  Of course, I don't even care anymore!

Honored Contributor

@Ketrawrote:

@CalminHeart That happened a year and a half ago. I know because I got really upset at the Q over it. I don’t think they’ll be doing it again anytime soon. They got a lot of bad PR.  I don’t know what their shipping and processing problem is now, but they’re losing a lot of business because of it, 

They did it again in January of this year.