Respected Contributor

Re: Where is Quacker Factory lately?

Bottom line is if it were selling well it would be on more often.  I think the brand has run its course.  Many think the styles are matronly.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am surprised this line has lasted this long... way over saturated and most of the "Quackers" that were wearing the line have probably quacked their last quack a long time ago... and younger people are not wearing this old lady line.  Sorry If  that sounds mean, but it is an old lady line of clothes. I am an old lady of 65 but never found the the line fashionable or wearable.

So is Denim & Co. and Susan Graver.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I’ve always associated almost all QF with spring or summer, so maybe they will be on soon.

@millieshops 

I have lots of QF clothes for every holiday, including Christmas.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Chtistmas is the only one I generally miss -  Easter, July4, and Halloween do seem to be offered spring, summer, and early fall when I'm used to seeing Angel.

I have pretty much skipped clothes shopping for late fall and winter items for the 20 years I have lived as a snowbird.  I still have too many clothes I get to wear once, maybe twice a year.  Good thing I buy mostly classic styles I can use and not feel I'm out on Mars!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

I hear ya', since I've retired I also have way too many clothes that I seldom wear.

It's only if I find something that I really love or wear out a favorite, that I buy much in the way of clothing these days.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

They boxed themselves into a corner, so to speak, putting bling on every piece. That fad has a cycle, and when it’s on the downside, generating sales is tough. If they try to branch out and sell basic tees and pants they have too much competition with D&Co, IM, LOGO, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I hope to see them back this Spring. The quality of their tee shirts is really excellent, and the embroidery is so beautiful. I am not a fan of all the sequins that used to decorate everything, but I love the embroidered tee shirts for Summer. They are dressy and classy.

@65and fabulous - I agree.  I have a lot of Quacker Factory and it's the one line of clothing that I still buy from QVC.  (Just got an embroidered sweatshirt today!)

The quality of this brand is excellent and I've lost count of the compliments I get when wearing it.  Not everything in the line is covered in sequins; the quality of QF embroidery is unmatched IMO.

I do wish people who don't particularly like a range could refrain from making rude comments about the line or those customers who do like it.

We are not all "old ladies" or "matronly".  One thing Quackers share is a sense of fun and kindness towards others.  Not a bad thing for others to emulate, IMO.  Everyone doesn't need to be serious and classic in their choice of clothing.  And no one needs to diss another person's choices.  Thank goodness we're not all alike!

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

They boxed themselves into a corner, so to speak, putting bling on every piece. That fad has a cycle, and when it’s on the downside, generating sales is tough. If they try to branch out and sell basic tees and pants they have too much competition with D&Co, IM, LOGO, etc. 

One of the hosts just said on air that they've sold over 4 million pairs of Dream Jeannes since they started selling them in 2010.  So I guess they don't have a problem selling those.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

I hope to see them back this Spring. The quality of their tee shirts is really excellent, and the embroidery is so beautiful. I am not a fan of all the sequins that used to decorate everything, but I love the embroidered tee shirts for Summer. They are dressy and classy.

@65and fabulous - I agree.  I have a lot of Quacker Factory and it's the one line of clothing that I still buy from QVC.  (Just got an embroidered sweatshirt today!)

The quality of this brand is excellent and I've lost count of the compliments I get when wearing it.  Not everything in the line is covered in sequins; the quality of QF embroidery is unmatched IMO.

I do wish people who don't particularly like a range could refrain from making rude comments about the line or those customers who do like it.

We are not all "old ladies" or "matronly".  One thing Quackers share is a sense of fun and kindness towards others.  Not a bad thing for others to emulate, IMO.  Everyone doesn't need to be serious and classic in their choice of clothing.  And no one needs to diss another person's choices.  Thank goodness we're not all alike!

i often wonder why people put down a line of clothing that they have no interest in buying. I've decided that they are just mean and miserable.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Frequent Contributor

I have a couple pair of Dream Jeans and crop pants. I like them a lot. But I don't like "bling." I think there are many that might buy if they would update their tops and offer many with minimum bling and just a little less blockish looking. 

I think old lines have to update and can't just stay the same for decades. It looks to me like the family might just want them to keep everything exactlyt the way Jeanne had it w/o changes. Joan Rivers had that problem with her line, too.