Contributor

Re: What's with this?

[ Edited ]

@LilacTreewrote:

@caroline2323wrote:

@masque is correct @LilacTree@glb613 quoted a post that included one of your posts and with the new system here that will cause a notification.

That's why you got a flag when she posted.

@caroline2323

Read my response to @masque.

My posts are about why you got notification not about what @glb613 meant by her post, you'd have to ask her that to be certain imho.

I think @masque also was only talking about why you got the notification.

I thought that was what you started this thread to find out, how these notifications are happening.

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@masquewrote:

Hi @LilacTree  I saw the thread you are writing about. 

You are quoted in a post on that thread where someone wrote about people posting blurry pictures. 

That would be why you received a notification.

@masque

So it's just a coincidence that I happened to have a "special event" and I posted a "blurry photo?"  And even so, why is that a "shame?" 

@LilacTree  I don't know why that post was written. I just wanted to let you know why you received "notification." You could ask the person who wrote the post. 

Honored Contributor

@caroline2323wrote:

@LilacTreewrote:

@caroline2323wrote:

@masque is correct @LilacTree@glb613 quoted a post that included one of your posts and with the new system here that will cause a notification.

@caroline2323

My posts are about why you got notification not about what @glb613 meant by her post, you'd have to ask her that to be certain imho.

I thought that was what you started this thread to find out, how these notifications are happening.

Smiley Happy

@caroline2323

You're right, and I took it personally.  That's what is so confusing about it.  What she said was hurtful to me.  But, yes, I did also wonder why I received the notification, when she didn't address it to me.  It's very coincidental.  I do not intend to confront her over it, however.  It's not that important to me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@masquewrote:

You are quoted in a post on that thread where someone wrote about people posting blurry pictures. 

@masque

So it's just a coincidence that I happened to have a "special event" and I posted a "blurry photo?"  And even so, why is that a "shame?" 

Very indirect to ask here of posters who can't know the intent. Ask the person who posted it.

I think the photo is beautiful btw.

Belated happy birthday !

🎁🎉🎂

Honored Contributor

@masquewrote:

@LilacTreewrote:

@masquewrote:

@masque

@LilacTree  I don't know why that post was written. I just wanted to let you know why you received "notification." You could ask the person who wrote the post. 

@masque

Not going to do that.  Maybe someone else had a special event and posted a blurry photo, for all I know.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@esmeesmereldawrote:

@LilacTreewrote:

@masquewrote:

@masque

Very indirect to ask here of posters who can't know the intent. Ask the person who posted it.

I think the photo is beautiful btw.

Belated happy birthday !

🎁🎉🎂

@esmeesmerelda

I find this very confusing, but I'll just have to ignore it.  I do think TPTB should have it fixed, as I think it's going to cause a lot of misunderstandings.  Makes one not want to comment on others' posts.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@caroline2323wrote:

@LilacTreewrote:

@caroline2323wrote:

@caroline2323

Smiley Happy

@caroline2323

You're right, and I took it personally.  That's what is so confusing about it.  What she said was hurtful to me.  But, yes, I did also wonder why I received the notification, when she didn't address it to me.  It's very coincidental.  I do not intend to confront her over it, however.  It's not that important to me.

JMO here but if something is "not that important" - then why should it be "hurtful?"  Sounds like an oxymoron to me, but then again, this is JMO

The OP won't confront the poster in question but would rather start thread after thread instead of just dropping the whole thing.  No names were mentioned anyway so what makes her think it was about her?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out these forums and "notifications".  I'm no tech genius by any means but I know what "notifications" mean and I think most everyone else here does also.