Honored Contributor

Recently, notifications are coming to me from posts in other threads that have nothing to do with the current thread in which I am participating. 

I thought notifications were only for the current thread. 

Is this a glitch, or for some reason TPTB think one should be interested in a notification for any other thread in which a poster may have commented?

At best it is superfluous and confusing.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

It’s always been that way for me, Ford.  There is an option to turn off notifications, I think.

Honored Contributor

@tansywrote:

It’s always been that way for me, Ford.  There is an option to turn off notifications, I think.

@tansy

Really?  I'll look for it.  Thanks.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

notifications can come from a current thread you are involved in. notifications can also come from a thread you were involved in ten weeks ago. it has always been that way. if someone hearted a post of yours or mentioned you in a post then you are notified.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

you are also notified if you are mentioned with in a quoted post...you know how some threads a lot of people are quoted....if you name is with in that thread of quotes, you will be notified as well.

Honored Contributor

Whenever someone hearts your posts or mentions you with the @ sign, you get a notification. Doesn't matter when the thread is from   or when you posted on it.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogswrote:

you are also notified if you are mentioned with in a quoted post...you know how some threads a lot of people are quoted....if you name is with in that thread of quotes, you will be notified as well.

@Mom2Dogs

That's the thing.  I am not quoted or "@" in the post at all.  I would have never known a nasty thing was said about my photo not only in a different thread but a completely different forum.

Oh well, not the end of the world.  I am still a happy mom.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's with this?

[ Edited ]

It's a glitch which was supposedly fixed.

Honored Contributor

This is either a new feature or a problem with the system. It just started about two months ago. No biggie, but I find it irritating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

This is either a new feature or a problem with the system. It just started about two months ago. No biggie, but I find it irritating.

@suzyQ3.  I think it started when that silly 'wrote' starting appearing after the quoted name. Remember awhile ago only the 'wrote' was appearing and not the quoted persons name? No one knew who they were replying to.