Occasional Contributor

Yes, you are very lucky.

Occasional Contributor

Mspat, thank you for your comments.  You make a good and valid point about even Walmart stepping up their game as far as deliveries.  I guess QVC is sending us a message and the message I'm hearing is they don't really need my business.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's going on?!?!

[ Edited ]

QVC is by far not the only online retailer who ships slowly - and the others charge a lot more than QVC does for this slow shipping.

I order from a variety of online businesses, from dept stores to large clothing and intimates online retailers, housewares, imported goods. Nearly all of them take just as long and usually longer to arrive than QVC packages and unless I'm getting a free shipping deal, they all cost more to ship than QVC - as much as $15-16 - for 12-14-16 day shipping.

Why do I keep ordering from these places? They have things I need and want that I can't get elsewhere. 

If you can buy what you want elsewhere, by all means do. If you need or want something badly enough and you can't buy it elsewhere you have to suck it up and wait, because shipping is never going to be changing for the better/cheaper, it's only going to go in the other direction.

Try ordering, for example, from Vermont Country Store. Extremely overpriced on most things, expensive shipping, and mdse does not arrive quickly at all. As far as a rip-off ...

OTOH, Vionic shoes are $5 shipping via Fedex from their own website and have reached me next day after ordering.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

QVC has been touting the "7 to 10 days" phrase for all the years I have been shopping here (darn near 20 years now) and still does.

That tells me there really hasn't been any innovation or desire to provide faster shipping in that time.

With all the competition now, and their faster shipping, 2 day shipping, free shipping....QVC is going to have to catch up or the will be left in the dust over time.

That's the point, @Mominohio. Why would a company not compete and bring themselves into 2017. It tells me they're not interested in pleasing their customers. Can you imagine young people waiting for 7-10 delivery with Amazon there? Young people want quick satisfaction, not a wagon-train delivery.

Honored Contributor

I am wondering if they are not overselling some things and have to wait until they get a return or more in stock to fill the order. I have a GILI pouch that has been in process for quite awhile, I'll be surprised if I get it because it was on sale and a popular color.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Luminara blown glass ornaments on Sunday, July 16th and received them today (19th). So far so good, right? WRONG! I ordered one set of the champagne color and received 2 sets of the red!! Hahaha! I have to say, QVC customer service was great about helping me to return what they sent and sending me what I ordered without any additional cost to me (except extra effort!). I feel sorry for the poor soul who ordered two red and received my one champagne!

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

It's more the fact, @IMW, that any company cares so little they would remain stagnant delivery progress for 31 years. They didn't think it even necessary to progress to show their customers they were competitive. It's the smallest thing they could accomplish....

I agree.   Kind of off topic, but why doesn't QVC reward "old" customers?  They make a big deal about the Q card and new shoppers getting $5.00 off on first order (or sometime $10.), but those of us that have shopped for years never get a coupon, discount code, extra free shipping or any samples (beauty products would be nice).   Even the rebates are practically nothing now.

That's true, @Daysdee. Solicitors for my business via email or snail mail, ALL offer me something to get my business.

HSN offered FORTY DOLLARS for their card. The Q offers you a severely, highly monitored forum and host Blogs. They push "family", but that is just nonsense in 2017. They're a business who do not give what they promise: Quality, Value, Convenience.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. The shipping in recent months is not good. I have an item on auto delivery where the email to me indicated that "Your order has shipped," that was 10 days ago, and It still hasn't arrived. I ordered make-up recently that supposedly has also shipped. I'm hoping the lipstick isn't melted by the time I receive it. They need to improve this process..the sooner, the better.

Hey QVC, there are other major retailers who not only ship items in a short amount of time without an extra charge, but some actually have free shipping all the time and not just on a few items occasionally.