Honored Contributor

Re: What item(s) do you not like that you bought at the Q?

It full size mascara, it clumps and leaves raccoon eyes.  Susan Graver I gave up on after three fit problems.  Any liquid makeup, its too yellow for me, all shades they carry.  Other than that things have been pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this thread @maximillion .  Good information from people I've "known" here for years. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

Love this thread.  People have mentioned several items I have considered purchasing.  When I see them again, it won't be a temp-tation.

I love the way the temp-tations works for baking but I also had quality issues with the 9 x 13.  I have also had issues with some VPH items.  Some look like I purchased them from Dollar Tree.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, a series of Stan Herman robes.  I loved them, I love him, but every single one had the buttons come off.  I'm not one to sew very much, I remember one even had two piece buttons.  

Frequent Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Thanks for this thread @maximillion .  Good information from people I've "known" here for years. 

And people that I am assuming that you can trust for their answers, too!

Frequent Contributor

Loved reading this thread!  By far its more good than bad --

But i got 3 orders of green glass trees, 9 trees in total, from VPH that were ALL missing pieces and the battery pack was only partly wired in. Never buying VPH again.

Then temptations, honeybell oranges, and wen were returns for me!

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Susan Graver liquid knit tunic that went down to the knees. I'm very plus sized and long waisted so I thought it would be a great top to wear. Got it, tried it on, and it clinged to every love handle and you could see the outline of my bra through it. During the presentation, it was described as comfortable and loose fitting. It was anything but! Instant return. Her liquid knit cardigans though, are just fine and don't cling. 

Valued Contributor

2 candle impressions 3 candle lanterns.  After a year they stopped working.  (And, no it's not the batteries!!)

Frequent Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I purchased a Susan Graver liquid knit tunic that went down to the knees. I'm very plus sized and long waisted so I thought it would be a great top to wear. Got it, tried it on, and it clinged to every love handle and you could see the outline of my bra through it. During the presentation, it was described as comfortable and loose fitting. It was anything but! Instant return. Her liquid knit cardigans though, are just fine and don't cling. 

I like a lot of Susan Graver's designs, but not with all of the liquid knit. It must be the cheapest fabic that they could find to work with.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Carolyn Pollack and Robert Lee Morris jewelry but both started using brass, I guess to lose cost but also lowered appeal for me.  I loved Joan River's blouses but quality and design is just not the same.