Occasional Contributor

I am very disappointed in the studio settings  Christmas decorations. This is the first year I noticed how sparse and lame they are...except for VPH shows, lame. So the tree has a few large ornaments. I flipped over to JTV and then SHOP HQ, they did a much better job of decorating their studios. In fact, SHOP HQ did a beautiful job!!!

Your decorators can do better than that QVC! Really?   

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC, YOU CAN DO BETTER

[ Edited ]

@psumom0506 wrote:

I am very disappointed in the studio settings  Christmas decorations. This is the first year I noticed how sparse and lame they are...except for VPH shows, lame. So the tree has a few large ornaments. I flipped over to JTV and then SHOP HQ, they did a much better job of decorating their studios. In fact, SHOP HQ did a beautiful job!!!

Christmas is 2 months away. I'm disappointed they start celebrating it in July thru the end of the year.

Stay tuned, they may get better as we move closer to the actual holiday season.

Esteemed Contributor

It would fine with me to see less decorations, especially for the entire month of October. Not everyone gets excited to see everything decorated for Christmas for over 3 months every year! It's become way overdone IMO, both in the amount of decorations and the early timing of displays.

Honored Contributor

@psumom0506 wrote:

@psumom0506    Isn't it nice ShopHQ FINALLY found something they could do successfully?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think it was worse last year decorated in pink ornaments.  This year not much better, though.

Compared to other retailers' stores who go all out, QVC's decor looks like a cost cutting measure to me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, YOU CAN DO BETTER

[ Edited ]

Christmas is special to me for so many reasons and I enjoy the beautiful decor but it doesn't bother me to see less of it on retail sales shows -- just my personal reaction, though.  
David Venable, talking about the safety and security measures going back to when unexpected changes had to be put in place, said the staff at the Studio Park broadcast venue was reduced from the usual 4,500 employees to about 150

I would think that accounts for quite a number of changes when such a small staff has to prioritize, and this might be one of them.  QVC isn't the company they were when I was a fan years ago and I'm disappointed in them for a long list of reasons and seldom order now, but all companies are doing what they must to stay in business and get through this situation.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Esteemed Contributor

I would rather QVC not have Christmas decor until the actual Christmas season.  August thru December is not the Christmas season.  I always wished they would decorate for other holidays too.  Let's see some pretty autumn decor!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

There is no pleasing everyone.  Some get upset when they go overboard with decorating early and now there isn't enough. 

Esteemed Contributor

They don't put their trees up until October which makes sense since they sell for the upcoming season and not the season we are in.   I realize they do put some decorations up for Christmas in July but then they are gone until October.   Anyway, agree that they could do a more eye pleasing job of it.