Occasional Contributor

Re: Watch for your UPS packages

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtfulness.  My son is one of those temporary hires for the season.  They work their rears off delivering over 300 packages each day, in freezing weather.  He comes home exhausted every evening.  Some of these comments are so petty.  First World problems I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I am lucky to live in a neighborhood where most of us look out for each other.My neighbor even got my mail for me when we were on vacation.....

Esteemed Contributor

@LadyRH  It has been in the 80's here .  These UPS guys are not freezing.  If they deliver to the wrong address repeatedly they need to be fired.  That is their job.    

Esteemed Contributor

Happens here often...both UPS and USPS.....such careless handling of our mail and packages...your right...any wonder they get lost...

Not only does my mail and packages go to other neighbors homes...i get other neighbors things here, too...

Another complaint i have...postman and UPS man do not ring the bell or knock...so my things sit outside till i go out..and many a days can go by when i don't leave the house...

How lazy are they that ringing the doobell or knocking is too tiring...

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I guess I am lucky to live in a neighborhood where most of us look out for each other.My neighbor even got my mail for me when we were on vacation..... 

I have my mail stopped when I leave.  Much safer then giving them a key to my mailbox.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LadyRH  It has been in the 80's here .  These UPS guys are not freezing.  If they deliver to the wrong address repeatedly they need to be fired.  That is their job.    

My goodness. Need to be fired? Really? A bit of Christmas cheer could help. I'm sure its certainly not an easy job doing what they do daily, especially this time of the year. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

He says oh I love your parrot.

How did he know about your parrot?  As for the other, I agree it's pretty bad when your house number is obvious and they still mis-deliver packages.

Respected Contributor

They do this all the time to me. They will leave my brother in laws packages on our doorstep, and I know it's because they don't want to go up his driveway. I'm sorry but that's their job.   I know they make decent money. My ex F-I-L retired from there and he has a nice retirement. 

His driveway is not even that bad. Just a little farther from the main road. What if it's something really important and we were out of town? I know they're busy this time of year, but it is their job. Once in a while is ok, but it's becoming weekly. 

Esteemed Contributor

The missing/misdelivered mail and packages issue has hit me several times in the last year.  I often have packages/mail dropped off at my door that belong to my neighbors down the street.  One time it was a big box from big box store and I couldn't lift it!  Went down to get neighbor so he could pick up his own heavy box!   Interestingly, he did not seem concerned that his big item was delivered to me instead of him!!

Another time, a lady showed up at my door with a box  from Amazon.  She found the box in middle of street about two miles away from my house.  Bless her for looking for my address/house and bringing me the item. Not many people would have gone to that extent!!