Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watch for your UPS packages

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

We had a package delivered dropped off at the house last week from Harry & David for or neighbor.  We walked it over to their house. I would like to think our neighbors would do the same. 

This time of year is STRESSFUL for UPS. We have a friend of ours who is a Manager at the NYC warehouse and he says there is NO vacation until mid to late January. 

@MyGirlsMom  My stuff was dropped off at 11:30 am and my neighbor was home.  He made no attempt to bring it to me.  He is a young guy and the weather was beautiful.  He also has my phone number.  I truely believe he would not have given it to me.  I Know all my other neighbors would have, but this particular one is a bit of a slime bucket.

Respected Contributor

It happens on occasion.  Four  times that I am aware of over the last decade or so.

I have gotten packages that were my neighbors and walked them up/down the street.

My former neighbor actually had so many deliveries that she opened my HSN package before she realized it was mine.  I think her package was on my porch and they were switched, but I don't know.  She left me a note rather than face me in person! (I didn't realize the UPS truck had dropped it off).  Oh well, at least she left me a note.  Funny thing is, she only ordered from Amazon and Pottery Barn, not HSN (to the best of my knowledge). HSN was one the box in big black letters. I always read the name on the box before I open it even if I have tracked it online as to the exact delivery date.  

UPS drivers carry several boxes at a time, depending on size to save time and walk from door to door.  It's not a big deal I suppose as long as I get the box!

Esteemed Contributor

It is not just UPS.  I placed a coffee order and it was to be delivered FedEx.  I have never received it but customer service checked and was told that it was delivered to my door on Saturday.  I have no idea whose door it was, but it was not mine.  While I am getting a refund, I would rather have the coffee and a regular driver.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I had a package delivered (second time in 2 years) that was addressed to someone at a bank way across our town.  I put it in the car and delivered it to her.  We both laughed at seeing each other again.

But have a heart folks.  Of course they can all read, but they are human and they get tired just like we do.  Anyone can make a mistake - bet you would too if you were doing the long hours and heavy lifting that they are doing this time of year.  Our UPS man never gets here before 6:00 P.M. and often it's well into the 8:00 hour.  No excuse for trying to shame him (or her) because of an occasional mistake. Does it make you feel better to show someone who handles hundreds of packages every day that you can find a mistake on just one????? No big deal IMHO.  Shame on you more than him.

Respected Contributor

Last week, on Tuesday, I received an order from Ups as expected. The next day, I was supposed to get the other item I ordered at the same time. Tracking stated it was delivered and it was not.

If I get someone else's stuff, I make sure they get it. When my stuff is misdelivered, I will never see it.
Respected Contributor

I found a package on my porch that belonged to the house  3 doors down, half a block.

At least the delivery guy got the right street.  I walked it down the street and put it on their porch.

I'm expecting delivery of my new TV today.   Tracking # says it's on the truck, but it's 8pm and I haven't seen it yet.  My last delivery came at 9 pm.

Fed Ex and UPS sure do have their hands full during this season delivering all those great black friday deals.

Honored Contributor

Last Friday FedEx delivered a QVC package they claimed to have delivered to me almost 2 weeks ago.  I guess they found it.  QVC had Re shipped it UPS 2nd day air so now I have 2 and need to get the FedEx one back to them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I had a package delivered (second time in 2 years) that was addressed to someone at a bank way across our town.  I put it in the car and delivered it to her.  We both laughed at seeing each other again.

But have a heart folks.  Of course they can all read, but they are human and they get tired just like we do.  Anyone can make a mistake - bet you would too if you were doing the long hours and heavy lifting that they are doing this time of year.  Our UPS man never gets here before 6:00 P.M. and often it's well into the 8:00 hour.  No excuse for trying to shame him (or her) because of an occasional mistake. Does it make you feel better to show someone who handles hundreds of packages every day that you can find a mistake on just one????? No big deal IMHO.  Shame on you more than him.

Shame on me?   LOL   I have had my packages lost more in the past 6 months then ever.  I also have one coming from QVC tomorrow, so I really need him to deliver it to me, and not someone else.  Yes, once in awhile is no big deal, but this is happening way too much.  Packages are also disappearing around here.  In other words someone is walking around and picking up packages left at the front door.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
Last week, on Tuesday, I received an order from Ups as expected. The next day, I was supposed to get the other item I ordered at the same time. Tracking stated it was delivered and it was not.

If I get someone else's stuff, I make sure they get it. When my stuff is misdelivered, I will never see it.

That is exactly my point.  If he was not still here, of course I would have taken it to my neighbor.   He was still here,  and I have an expensive item coming tomorrow.  He needs to leave it here, not down the street. 

Esteemed Contributor

All I need is for a package to be delivered to my neighbor that has been stalking me.  Give him an excuse to come here.