Contributor

I was curious to know why on some of her items, Valerie increases her prices on them.  One example was the white glistening trees.  In the past two months, they were priced at approximately $31.00, then went up to $33.00, now they are $36.00.  Has anyone else

noticed that?  Now I don't think I want to order them.  Getting too expensive. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think Valerie has anything to do with the price increases.  QVC prices the items for sale.

My guess would be that most of her items are imported.  As you may be aware, imported items  have gone up in price because of higher tariffs placed on them, especially if the items are imported from China.

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I no longer order Valerie's Balsam Wreaths because of the cost increasing  over the years and they're produced in the good old USA.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Sometimes prices get higher as holidays approach.  Marketing.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has an ever-rotating and undefined cycle of sale prices on its inventory, and this is especially true of seasonal items. Typically, Christmas items start off at an extra-low price for Christmas in July, escalate a bit in price once July is over, and then increase even more once autumn begins. Unless you catch a special pricing event or the item is offered as a TSV, Big Deal, or One Day Only value, you're not going to get a better deal than in those early days. But then again, if a seasonal item is still kicking around in January, it could go on a clearance sale and have a fairly low price once more. Fun, eh?

Honored Contributor

Vendors like Valerie have no say over what products the buyers actually choose to bring to Q, no say in when products are presented, and no say in the pricing, easy pay, shipping charges etc. It's all QVC.

And the lower prices are usually special pricing for things like Christmas in July or other special holiday pricing events. 

QVC has a pricing structure where the prices are sometimes low for an introductory period (Featured price), then go up to the regular QVC price. At any time, they can also offer the same product on a special event sale price, a one time only price, a clearance, price, a lunchtime or Primetime special price and so on. 

It isn't unusual for a product to go up in price here. Often they come in lower for an event, go up a bit to a featured price, go up again to the QVC price, then come back down in clearance. 

Especially with holiday decor items, we try to inform other shoppers that Christmas in July will be the biggest selection with the lowest prices, but people seem to be determined to wait and the prices go up, the selection goes down this time of year. 

The holiday decor prime season has come and gone by now, here and in most other retailers. 

Regular Contributor

I’ve noticed that prices can be counted on to increase if the item is popular. When it gets a five star rating, get ready to pay more. So many times I’ve ordered just one of something to see if I like it, only to pay $5 more for the second one. 

Honored Contributor

I believe the prices go up when they have free shipping events or easy pay events, which seem to be frequent these days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@theQshopper wrote:

I was curious to know why on some of her items, Valerie increases her prices on them.  One example was the white glistening trees.  In the past two months, they were priced at approximately $31.00, then went up to $33.00, now they are $36.00.  Has anyone else

noticed that?  Now I don't think I want to order them.  Getting too expensive. 

Supply and demand.

Frequent Contributor

Valarie and any vendor has no say what QVC  charges.  I have seen vendors shocked that their product is on clearance.   The vendors sell their products to QVC  and then QVC desides what they charge.  Vendors have no control what they do.