Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill

[ Edited ]

They may be ramping up prices ahead of tariffs on January 1.  Aren't most of her things made in China?

Respected Contributor
Valerie Par Hill needs to branch away from the Q and sell her line at Target like the wonderful Joanna Gaines. Its called economy of scale. If she can increase her distribution prices will go down.
Occasional Contributor

I know she doesn’t control pricing, but her spring collection seems way overpriced... like double what I would expect or be willing to pay for similar items in a store.

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched two of Valerie's shows this week.  I enjoy watching her, but don't purchase many products anymore.  Her items are so repetitive.  How many hurricanes with mini lights can a person buy?? 

I would like to see some products that are totally unique and different from all the others she sells. And I agree...the prices do seem to be getting higher.

Esteemed Contributor

I like watching her shows....but I haven't seen anything that I have to have....

Valued Contributor

Your right no such thing as free shipping

Valued Contributor

I have never understood how Valerie Parr Hill sells so much on QVC. Back when she began, I think her items had better quality, but now they just look cheap, especailly anything with artifial garland or flowers.  So many places have much better looking items than she has for not any more money. I used to shop at a QVC outlet and I was always shocked by how much of her stuff they had piled up there, just really low quality and so cheap looking. I know some people just like Valerie as a person, so maybe they order from her because of that. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought a lot of VPH products through the years. I think the quality has improved as time goes by.

Some of her items are really very lovely. I like having pretty items dropped off at my house. 

Valued Contributor

A lovely comment, Tissyanne.  I feel the same way about all the LINEA that finds it way to me! LOL  I guess we all have different tastes, which is good for the Q.

Super Contributor

I purchased her balsam wreaths from the beginning.  This year I ordered two wreaths (from X-mas in July) and they were puny things with no fragrance.  The needles were falling off from day 1.  It was a total rip off, esp. given what I could have bought had I shopped local.  I tried messaging her on FB but was totally ignored.  I have found that while her prices continue to climb, the quality has gotten terrible. . . . very hit or miss. The few times I have ever had to return items they were her's.  Between having my message ignored and the poor overall quality,  I won't be purchasing any of her items anymore.  I can purchase in my local home stores for a fraction of the price----and I don't have to pay $5.50 for a tiny katchkie to ship.