Honored Contributor

@Ttownlady I like David and I watch too much, I guess because I am so tired of the many, many times he goes over the colors and the number left.  Also, I think it's a waste of time to have "Josh" or whoever come in and cart the KA stand mixer away.  Can't they just say yellow and orange are sold out.  Many people go online to order so they will see what is available and what isn't.    With all that time wasted, they could bring in some really good, new items.   In my opinion, most of the prepared food items should be on the FoodFest or whatever those shows are called.  Also, please don't show us the computer or mop TSV  on the cooking shows since we may have seen that item several times already.  I just change the channel and don't go back to ITKWD when they have other items presented.

Honored Contributor

Also the constant pressure to get a Q card and repeating over and over about easy pay or "easy pay day."     I would appreciate some days with free shipping.  

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped:  You're so right about that. I've noticed for the past several months, EVERY item seems to be the only order of the year. I guess that means you must buy it now or miss out forever!

Respected Contributor

Easy pay does not save me money; reduced pricing or free shipping is more of an inducement to buy. All that recent fashion day easy pay can sound so tempting at “just $7 to bring it home,” until you realize at the end of the day you are deep into easy pay debt for things you forgot you ordered—and for 5 long months—well into 2019.

i don’t buy from the updates on colors and numbers sold either, but the producers make the hosts repeat it because the orders spike when they do. If it sells, they don’t care if little ‘ol me is dead from boredom in my recliner.

Honored Contributor

And I REALLY don't care if the show host (one in particular) has this item in this color, has it in other colors, wears it all the time, has a ton of these, etc.

I don't care...Carolyn!

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I don't care how many of any item was brought in for the day.  Also, don't care how many of a particular item was sold during one program.   The most important info is at the bottom of the screen which gives the colors and sizes available or sold out.  I suppose the unnecessary info is a sales tactic.  It doesn't work for me.  Yadda, yadda, yadda. 

It doesn't work for me either, but for some people it creates a sense of urgency.  They feel there must be a reason so many people are buying, and they had better buy theirs quickly before it sells out.

To me, it screams, "SALES TACTIC", but I guess their numbers show that it increases sales.  Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

I don't care how many people want something or buy something, and if something sells out before I buy it, I just assume I wasn't meant to have it.  Sales tactics like this are big turn-offs for me.  It always comes across as desperate.

Respected Contributor

Bottom line for me is: do not manipulate me. Instant no!

Occasional Contributor

Please don’t forget the line that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard you can get it home today for... “ 4 dollars and some change “...Smiley Indifferent That line needs to be retired!

Honored Contributor

These all just seem like such "out-dated" (or "dated" as they like to say on hgtv) and I hate this overused term- sales tactics.

The over-the-top acting, fake enthusiasm, breathless false excitment and calculated posing I blame on whoever is coaching these hosts and urging them on never realizing that all this really does turn people off and away. At least those who hopefully have any awareness.

Yet I really admire the hosts who I can still listen to and sound like normal, human beings, not acting like they are in a tv show or movie about themselves.

Not yelling, not talking in a growl or valley girl speak, speed talking or speeding up and sloowinggg down etc etc.

It is a shame that so much is unwatchable these days.

Jeez-I put myself in a bad mood. I'm sorrySmiley Sad

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

They are just doing their job with sales tactics they are taught and in between patter to fill the time in.  There is only so much that can be said after giving product information.  They would then be just standing there with the camera on the product.  I'm happy that I can watch for product information and look past all the other stuff and not be so bothered like so many here seem to be!