Respected Contributor

I don't care how many of any item was brought in for the day.  Also, don't care how many of a particular item was sold during one program.   The most important info is at the bottom of the screen which gives the colors and sizes available or sold out.  I suppose the unnecessary info is a sales tactic.  It doesn't work for me.  Yadda, yadda, yadda. 

Honored Contributor

I also don't care if an "unnamed" but hinted at celebrity likes it or if a celebrity they disclose the name likes it.    I want to figure out if "I" will like the item enough to buy it.  

Honored Contributor

By giving counts, they are just letting you know an item is "very popular."  And how many times have you heard that phrase?  It helps create buzz, I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

Many of us - or most of us..........have been around the Q too long to buy the sales pitch............last order of the year (who cares, something else will come along)......sold out in March of last year (who cares?).  Their blah blah blah just makes me flip the channel quicker.

Honored Contributor

And something is not $3 for this outfit, $4 to get this home!!

Say the whole price!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkrI think psychological research supports the practice --  not for individuals -  but for the majority of the buying population.

Although we hate to admit it, most people like to belong, so if 41,000 people have already bought something, more will get into that group.

And then there are people like me -  if all they did was give what I could read on the website, I'd watch even less than I already do.  From the beginning of the time I started to watch QVC, it was their marketing that interested me more than the products!  I bought very little for a long time and then all of a sudden I realized I was falling into the trap.  Nowadays, I buy very little, I watch very little, but I follow the marketing by coming here!

Super Contributor

Re: Unnecessary info !

[ Edited ]

Sounds  like  David V. 

you hit in on the head !

and you forgot those Colors......

and all those Colors sometimes he stumbles esp. overL Lock & Lock you think by now he know the Colors in his sleep!

I only buy the product I like not just his markketing tatics  still love David just wish he would not repeat the amount sold and colors million times in less than an hour.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and every single thing they sell is the "only order of the year" and I don't give a rat's patootie about that either.

Esteemed Contributor

And once in a while I hear -- it's only $1.00 a day. I like Carolyn - but she has every top in 5 different colors.

Honored Contributor

It's not so much the buzz words, every industry has them, but the fact that that run them into the ground.  It's not sharp or innovative, just repetitious and annoying.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan