Valued Contributor

Tracking not available for returned items...?

[ Edited ]

Hello...I have a problem with 3 separate  jewelry returns...when I checked tracking online, it says "status unavailable".  I mailed the packages  with the Q label, from my home mailbox, like I always do, over a week ago. (On 2 different days).  I wish now I had taken them to the P.O. and had them scanned, and had gotten a receipt.  I called c.s., and they said to wait a few more days.  Of course, I am hoping that QVC receives them, and I get my refunds.  Has anyone else ever had this happen?  I'm not sure how to proceed from here, to make sure I get my refunds?  I am very concerned these items are missing.  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you may have!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracking not available for returned items...?

[ Edited ]

Did you take it to a grocery store or post office to have it scanned when you mailed it?  If yes, that's all you'll see online.  Sometimes you'll see a delivered status, but that's rare. 

Q's return labels are for parcel post.  Parcel post is the cheapest and slowest mail option. In addition, most big companies have a third party picking up and delivering mail from their local post office.  Packages will sit until picked up by that third party.

If you have the receipts when the packages were scanned, you can use those to talk to Q about your refunds.  If not, you can still call but you won't have proof of mailing and will have to rely on whatever they tell you.  

I've also found that using Q's return labels means you won't see a refund for at least 2 weeks, sometimes more.  

Honored Contributor

Using the q label, you can see tracking from your order history.  Go into your account and locate the item.  Click into it like you were going to see the outbound tracking number.  On the right hand side of the screen, there is a link into return tracking.  I wouldn't worry about a return until it's been two weeks.

Honored Contributor

I have never had an issue with using their return label. 

Respected Contributor

I generally return by USPS Priority Mail.  It gets to QVC's returns department faster and I get my refund faster.  QVC's return is very helpful, but package is sent by parcel post which is very slow.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I return an item using the QVC return label, I always make sure I write down the return tracking number that is on the label.  That way I can just go to the Web site of the  appropriate carrier and track it myself.  

Esteemed Contributor

SHe put them in her mailbox for her postal carrier to pick up and bring to the PO so she has no receipt.

Honored Contributor

My last return took well over a week to show delivery.

I did scan it in at the post office with the Q label, and finally it showed delivery.

It then took almost another week to get credit and I called customer service to let them know it had been delivered!

It takes a very long time and a lot of follow up.

Don't worry about ever being lost because the QVC label carries insurance. I would ask for a scan in receipt next time so you can track it better with the return tracking no.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Monday I sent back something to QVC & HSN both using their return labels.  I just received an email from HSN stating it was received and I was refunded.  QVC isn't showing a tracking of it yet. Go figure. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barb40 wrote:

Hello...I have a problem with 3 separate  jewelry returns...when I checked tracking online, it says "status unavailable".  I mailed the packages  with the Q label, from my home mailbox, like I always do, over a week ago. (On 2 different days).  I wish now I had taken them to the P.O. and had them scanned, and had gotten a receipt.  I called c.s., and they said to wait a few more days.  Of course, I am hoping that QVC receives them, and I get my refunds.  Has anyone else ever had this happen?  I'm not sure how to proceed from here, to make sure I get my refunds?  I am very concerned these items are missing.  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you may have!

I am having the EXACT same problem, only I did take my packages to the post office and got a receipt.   Under my QVC order history, there is no return tracking available though it has been several days.   I don't know why QVC can't get this annoying website FIXED.  

Oh, and I am able to track my packages via the USPS website, until they were handed off to the carrier, then nothing.   I am so sick of "mail innovations"  and I have to wonder what is so innovative about their pathetic service.   Smiley Very Happy