Occasional Contributor

Re: Too much makeup

[ Edited ]

Ive noticed some of the hosts are really getting ridiculous.  Some could pull off the makeup & styles while others look hideous.  Jane is definetly one who needs a new makeup artists.  She seems so sweet and has the gift of gab,but wardrobe places her in jeans that are too long and over made up face.  I have always loved Shawn but what is she thinking with that hair and make up... and that one particular pair of boots she constantly wears?? Eye yi yi!!! The unflattering reader glasses are also annoying.. she puts them on... she takes them off. I get it, you can't see to read; get a pair of prescription glasses and keep them on.  These hosts are trying to sell us fashion when they themselves need a makeover.

Honored Contributor

I mostly agree, but I think Shawn really does not glasses she just likes to wear them. I bet she wears like 1.25 and that's almost no magnification, or like my optometrist believes, little more than window pane glass. JT's makeup is hit or miss.

Honored Contributor

I often forget how pretty Jane is with her wardrobe and makeup choices. 

Respected Contributor

blackhole99: FYI............. Shawn is 40 or over. The time when reading glasses are needed. Google for details & facts.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too much makeup

[ Edited ]

I agree about the over done makeup!!  Most of the  hosts are looking like they have black eyes.  I've said before, some of the hosts with really light skin color look like they ran into a door knob!!  Way too much eyeliner, black mascara and really dark, fake looking lashes.  Maybe they think that their eyes need to stand out on the TV screen, but did they forget about HD TV???

Respected Contributor

It is up to the host to discover who best does their makeup and use that person. They should also ask for a tutorial from their favorite so they could do it themselves if the need arises. The hosts are not dumb or prisoners, they need to be proactive.

Valued Contributor

Doesn't Kim sell makeup now?

Last time I saw MBR and Jane, I thought their wasn't as harsh and they looked lovely.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus 

You are so right!  Seems that makeup artists and/or women on TV doing their own makeup don't realize what big screen, HD tvs do to a face!   Viewers see a gigantic face and the layers of foundation, the highlighting, and contouring are obvious. Heavy eye makeup is aging.    Definitely, a time when less is better.  Stage makeup is necessary when someone is on stage, not on tv.  The audience of a stage performance has to see the actors' faces so heavy makeup is essential.   TV is different, the audience can see the performers' faces perfectly without stage makeup.  

Everyone who said older women look better with less makeup is absolutely correct.  Keep it simple ladies! 

Valued Contributor

Sorry @GenXmuse  --- I think I misunderstood your one-sentence comment.  You weren't complimenting her wardrobe and makeup, rather complimenting her natural appearance without those things.  Right?  

Trusted Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

Wearing false eyelashes when you are selling mascara,

is a big turn off for me.

@shoppersince1989 

That's what the models are for. The hosts sell plenty of things they aren't using, especially hair and make-up items.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson