Respected Contributor

Re: Too much makeup

[ Edited ]

What surprised me last night was that there was a 2-hour Shoe Shopping with Jane but Gabrielle was hosting it yet Jane was on the other Q channel. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of the hosts I'm familiar with, IMO the only ones who look natural are Jill and Carolyn.  Awhile ago there was a picture of Amy Morrison (HSN) without any makeup.  She looked years younger and much more attractive.  I guess because of the TV cameras they need some makeup but I can't imagine what they look like in person with all that stuff on their faces.

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth Roe also uses a lot of eye makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

Mary Beth Roe also uses a lot of eye makeup.

Yes.  WAY TOO MUCH.  I wish someone would tell her......

Respected Contributor

ITA!  The older hosts wear way too much make-up and they look harsh and older than they are.  I am up there in years and I find I wear less and less make-up as I got older. That hard eyeliner, false eyelashes and tons of eyeshadow went out in the 80's.  I don't know who does their make-up it looks awful.  When I see photos of the hosts without all that junk on their faces, they look so much younger and so much softer.

Trusted Contributor

I think they all wear too much makeup.  It doesn't do them any favors.  I can't even imagine the scrubbing and the effort it must take to remove all that goop and crud from their face and eyes  It can't be good for your skin to have it covered like that either.

Respected Contributor

There have been times that the heavy eyeliner and excessive eyeshadow and obvious face contouring makes me want to go wash my face! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I my professional opinion (😜), when I began doing makeup, there was no YouTube, Instagram, etc. I think many women, of all ages, strive to copy looks whether appropriate for their age or not. If I see one more brow product in magazines that promises the perfect “sharpie” drawn brow, I’ll scream.

Five years ago, women always asked me to teach them a smokey eye...not so much any more. Most, even those under 30, want a more natural look...especially foundation.

It baffles me that makeup artists on a shopping channel that sells makeup would send out hosts and models who are such turn offs to their audiences. Yes, we have HD now, but we aren’t blind. If it’s over done for HD, it’s clown-like in any other light.

Frequent Contributor

Last night, I turned on Q2 to see their big deal with Kim Gravel and I could not believe the amount of makeup she had on.  It made her look very garish and harsh.  Too much!

Valued Contributor

Wearing false eyelashes when you are selling mascara,

is a big turn off for me.