Super Contributor

Saw Jane last night when she came in the show and talked with David briefly and had a cup of Cider.... Don't know who did her eye makeup but it was way over the top... Her eyebrows ( much too dark) stood out so much it looked phoney - so surprised that nothing else was said... She was way overdone - she could have looked more natural which would have given her a glowing look... Sorry for the vent but I needed to comment.... I love make up and try and not look harsh or out there....

Respected Contributor

I agree that her makeup is very harsh and makes her look older. I am not being “ageist!” Her age isn’t the problem. Softer makeup would be so much more flattering.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on who in the makeup dept does the actual application.  I've heard host say - who did your makeup tonight.

Honored Contributor

I think her make-up is way too much, too.  It seems she has suddenly started wearing more and more.  It's not flattering.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think older women really have to be careful not to overdo their make-up.  If they do, it gives them a really hard look.  I dislike the look so much that I totally quit using any eye make-up except brow pencil.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Too much makeup

[ Edited ]

@hondagirl wrote:

Saw Jane last night when she came in the show and talked with David briefly and had a cup of Cider.... Don't know who did her eye makeup but it was way over the top... Her eyebrows ( much too dark) stood out so much it looked phoney - so surprised that nothing else was said... She was way overdone - she could have looked more natural which would have given her a glowing look... Sorry for the vent but I needed to comment.... I love make up and try and not look harsh or out there....

@hondagirl 

She's had over-the-top makeup for a couple of weeks now.  

If she wiggled her eyebrows ... they'd look like caterpillars!

Valued Contributor

This is a little off topic, but there's a commercial running lately and I can't tell you what it's for.  The spokeswoman's eyebrows are so distracting, that's the only thing I focus on.  I've never really noticed JT's makeup but there are a couple of other hosts whose makeup is so heavy, I lose track of what they're selling and only focus on the makeup.  But that's me.

Honored Contributor

The 80’s called and they want their makeup back. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Too much makeup

[ Edited ]

The younger hosts can get away with wearing more makeup, whether a very bold lip or tons of eyeliner and brow product.  The problem really starts as one gets older, to really know what really enhances your looks or just looks over the top, silly and distracting.

None of this is coming from a prejudiced standpoint, because I don't care for most of the hosts!

I think the blame falls on the staff who do these makeup/ hair looks before air. Maybe they need a new makeup artist. 

When Kristofer Buckle did Jane's makeup, she never looked better, in fact absolutely fantastic and ten years younger.

Now if Jane did her own makeup, well, she just shouldn't.

Valued Contributor

I actually think that Jane is'nt the only one overdone with makeup. There are a few other hosts that do look too much over done. i wont name them but im sure you know. I think toning down the eye makeup could be a good start. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop