Honored Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

Wearing false eyelashes when you are selling mascara,

is a big turn off for me.

@shoppersince1989   ...especially w/o a disclaimer.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

@shoppersince1989,  since I do not watch any of the "beauty" shows this is a legitimate question.  Are you implying that mascara is being applied to the false eyelashes?  If so then I would certainly have to agree that would be a turn off. 

However, if the host and/or vendor are wearing false eyelashes and a model is applying mascara to her natural lashes then I can't see how someone else wearing false eyelashes would be a problem.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor
I agree that Amy Morrison on HSN wears too much eye makeup. They make it darker in the outer corner and to a point. Guess it is suppose to make the eye look lifted.She would look years younger without all that goop, IMO.
Esteemed Contributor

lately I've noticed janes makeup has changed ,  at times it is too much other times it looks nice,   Probably depends on the makeup artist.   Her hair looks great though !    It's Shawn that always wears way too much eye makeup it looks gothic to me !   Not attractive at all ,   Very harsh.

Honored Contributor

@shoppersince1989 wrote:

@shoppersince1989 

To me it's giving a false picture of product results.....I noticed commercials for national brands now have a disclaimer when models wear false eyelashes

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Last night on the Big Silver Bonanza finale I thought Jane T's makeup looked very nice-- perfectly done....I think it does depend on who is the makeup artist behind the scene.....

There's also times when hosts look too washed out....especially when the nude lipsticks are used...I'm not asking for a big splash of color just a slight touch of color works wonders....Generally as you age your skin does indeed lose its luster and color, depending on how much melanin you start with of course.  And a little color on the lips seems to brighten the face....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  - Your post reminded me of the days when Shawn always wore a nude lip and looked so washed out - imo.  I remember there were alway a lot of threads about how she needs to wear color on her lips.

I agree with you that some color on the lips looks best - especially if you're on tv. 

Respected Contributor

@orphan annie325 wrote:

Last night, I turned on Q2 to see their big deal with Kim Gravel and I could not believe the amount of makeup she had on.  It made her look very garish and harsh.  Too much!

orphan annie325:  OMG!  I also saw that show and could not get past her make-up.  I could not concentrate on anything she said as  she had so much garish makeup on.  All that contouring, shadow, blush, even her eyebrows looked strange.  I am sure she is an attractive woman without all that overdone makeuup.  It was really hideous, like she stepped out of the 80s.

Trusted Contributor

I admire Mary Beth Roe she is such a great host. I would like to tell her not to line the bottom of her eyes and to use a gray eyeliner just on the top. The black is too aging for her beautiful eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure if it's because I have HD television or what, but all of them even the younger hosts always look overdone to me. 

I never use to notice this before.