Valued Contributor

I really like this brand...it seems to me they are discontinuing it.Maybe I am wrong,but where are the summer choices?? I will be sorry to see them go.Let me know if you have heard anything.Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@mosky I've been wondering the same thing!! It appears the brand is being phased out for other more expensive ones!!

Honored Contributor

@mosky  The Tig handbag's popularity waned when word got around that they are using vinyl for the straps, handles, bottoms and other applied parts.  The straps were cracking and breaking after little use.  Nobody want to pay for leather and get a vinyl bag. 

Word is that they are now selling a bag that is admittedly 100% vinyl for about the same price, which is too much for a plastic bag. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes, They did do that!! What a shame because their bags were pretty.I wonder why they didn't just up the quality to all leather.I purchased quite a few of their bags &  some wore better than others.

Did the quality go down when Bruce Makoswsky sold the company? 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Kachina624  Yes, They did do that!! What a shame because their bags were pretty.I wonder why they didn't just up the quality to all leather.I purchased quite a few of their bags &  some wore better than others.

Did the quality go down when Bruce Makoswsky sold the company? 

@NicksmomESQ  No, I think Bruce was the one that made the changes.  He ruined a nice handbag. 

Honored Contributor

I seem to recall that Kathy sold all three of her bag lines (KVZ, Tig and BMak) and that all three of them were badly diluted once they were sold to a major Asian corporation. I believe that for a while she and Bruce were kept around by the new owner in one capacity or another, but I've begun to think the new owner, which controls several handbag lines, was merely in it to kill the competition for more lucrative brands under their control.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I seem to recall that Kathy sold all three of her bag lines (KVZ, Tig and BMak) and that all three of them were badly diluted once they were sold to a major Asian corporation. I believe that for a while she and Bruce were kept around by the new owner in one capacity or another, but I've begun to think the new owner, which controls several handbag lines, was merely in it to kill the competition for more lucrative brands under their control.

@stevieb  I know that happens and could certainly be the case here.  Kathy has really dropped out of sight while Bruce is happily building his $250M mansion he'll probably never be able to sell.  It put him on the map but probably wasn't a great business decision. 

Occasional Contributor

Have a lot of handbags--tignanello many. Just use them once in a while since  I have so many. One that I purchased--all leather--not so. The handles peel. They are a thin, very thin vinyl type of ******. I do not need to pay $150.00+ for this garbage. They say all leather--except trim. The handles are not trim yet not the stated leather. No one stands behind this horrible product. I have purchased a lot of handbags from QVC--never again.

Honored Contributor

@mushroom25 wrote:

Have a lot of handbags--tignanello many. Just use them once in a while since  I have so many. One that I purchased--all leather--not so. The handles peel. They are a thin, very thin vinyl type of ******. I do not need to pay $150.00+ for this garbage. They say all leather--except trim. The handles are not trim yet not the stated leather. No one stands behind this horrible product. I have purchased a lot of handbags from QVC--never again.

Not only are the handles vinyl, and handle anchors, so are the bottoms, some sides, and I've seen some applied pockets to the front that are also vinyl.  When they started doing this no one knew, but the Powers That Be missed how perceptive and intelligent the consumer is.... and they recognized it and spread the word.  TIG was a wonderful all leather product 20 years ago.  I sell gently used handbags and just picked up a shoulder bag today that was never used and still has tags.... I know the style as I've seen it on QVC.  In beautiful shape, was over a $100 new and I still have to go over it to see exactly how much PVC is on it so I can disclose that.  But I sell them at really good prices so someone will be happy.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u  How do you tell the parts are plastic?  I have a Tig bag with tags I bought but never used and have wondered if it's a good old one or one of the newer ones.