Trusted Contributor

I looked at Lisa Robertson's Facebook... she has good suggestions for music and books at times, plus I'm a fan.   She showed a video of her learning to dance at a local studio.   I think she would be good on DWTS.   She would certainly be entertaining.

I've been so bored with some of their so called "stars" lately.   It's an entertaining show and fun to watch, but they should pick more recognizable contestants.

There's a celebrity Family Feud on this summer.   Fun to watch some of the folks bring their real families on.   Monica Potter from "Parenthood" was on last week and her sisters all look like her.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Next DWTS Contestant?

[ Edited ]

Mainly only home shopping viewers know who she is.. She's been gone awhile, as well. It's a good suggestion, but it probably won't happen.

Respected Contributor

LR would love the idea...lol   But, she isn't a celebrity.  The only people who even know she exists are QVC shoppers.  I've always thought of it as "Dancing with the has beens". 

Honored Contributor

I agree with the others who said Lisa R. isn't well-known to anyone other than QVC viewers. Besides, l think that show has "jumped the shark," and should be renamed "Dancing With the D-Listers."
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

If Lisa is a big enough star to get written up in a U.K. newspaper, she qualifies for DWTS, IMO!

Not all of their "stars" are really well known...

QVC is the #1 shopping channel in America...millions of women watch. Lisa would be great.

Caitlyn too. Athletes seem to do very well on the show.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LR would love the idea...lol   But, she isn't a celebrity.  The only people who even know she exists are QVC shoppers.  I've always thought of it as "Dancing with the has beens". 

She's as much of a celebrity as any of the other D-List people they get. They always have at least a few people I've never heard of before. They need to appeal to a wide audience, so they get people from all kinds of places. 

Valued Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I looked at Lisa Robertson's Facebook... she has good suggestions for music and books at times, plus I'm a fan.   She showed a video of her learning to dance at a local studio.   I think she would be good on DWTS.   She would certainly be entertaining.

I've been so bored with some of their so called "stars" lately.   It's an entertaining show and fun to watch, but they should pick more recognizable contestants.

There's a celebrity Family Feud on this summer.   Fun to watch some of the folks bring their real families on.   Monica Potter from "Parenthood" was on last week and her sisters all look like her.

I think Lisa would qualify as one of your "so called stars."   No one is going to recognize her unless they watch shopping channels.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Many of the contestants are not really stars or anyone well known. There have been athelets known only to the fans of that sport and singers not that well know and actors/actresses known only to some.   Last year there was the double amputee vet who wasn't known by many at all.  She is probably more well known than some of them!!

Valued Contributor

On any give season of DWTS, I've been lucky if 1/3 of the contestants are people that I have ever heard of.  So I think Lisa is as qualified as the vast majority of their contenders.    Plus I think it would fun to watch her go up against the current Monday night line-up. 

Besides, how can anyone say they haven't heard of a shopping channel host?  You know they're in a hundred million homes, right?

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Frequent Contributor

I always thought that Lisa R. would make a great contestant. I too have been bored with the contestants lately, although I still watch the show. Bristol Palin and Sadie Robertson sure wasn't celebrities either.
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~