Honored Contributor

My Cart doesn't empty

[ Edited ]

Not only does it not empty after 1 hour (as it's always been), it doesn't empty even after I shut my laptop down!

Early yesterday morning, I put an 'as is' handbag & 2 other items in my cart. Due to an early appt., I didn't have time to watch a video or read reviews, so I decided to forget it and shut down my laptop.

Later that afternoon, I got online and there were all 3 items, still in my cart. I was able to watch videos & read reviews, then purchase all 3 items.

In my case, this turned out to be a good thing, but I have to question how this could happen?

Does this mean we're never really logged off of Q?

BTW, I put a couple of items in my cart about 6AM and they're still there & I can check out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had items in my cart for two days without it emptying. One of the items is now sold out in the color I have in my cart. Does that mean it is gone or is it being held for me?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, i think it's sold out in that color. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

This occured with me as well.   Do you think this is an error on QVC's website?  For me, it's good because some times it takes me a while to "research" an item prior to purchasing.   But on the down side, items we desire showing "sold out" is really sitting in over a hundred carts that will never purchase that item.

Honored Contributor

I would try to check out & see what happens.

I was sure that my 'as is' DB handbag would be gone, it's a popular style/color that I've never seen 'as is' yet and I check several times a day. There was only 1 'cause I tried to get 2.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Mine doesn't empty either.  Maybe they want us to buy more.  I'll have to try it today and see if it changes.