Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tell Jill she is not the host

Courtney likes yellow gold & said so many times.  She doesn't know much about silver.  Jill only wears silver & sold it almost exclusively for years.

Super Contributor

I didn't see this show; however,  I think Jill is always the professional and the vendor or brand ambassador should do most of the talking, it's their product.  I think that Jill's professionalism shows and the host is not talking over her.  And good for Jill,  she is always well prepared and I don't think she is intrusive at all.  

Super Contributor

I watched the show, and I didn't see any frustration on Courtney's part. She and Jill got on well, from what I saw. Shouldn't the rep talk about the product? There are many complaints about hosts not letting vendors talk.
Honored Contributor

I saw a snippet of this show. Poor Courtney just sat there looking at Jill taking over. I was never fond of Jill, she left and now she's back as a rep for Jai. Wonder how much she paid SG to get this job. She always said she owns tons of Jai jewelry so it was a no-brainer she'd get this job. I also wonder now that SG has his new line with his son's name all over it, does SG cash in on all the sales for both lines? Few can afford Jai, it all looks the same - now that I think about it, so does the new line. Not interested in owning any of either.

Trusted Contributor

Jill was one of the best hosts QVC ever had.  Right up there with some of the veterans from the past.  I remember when she first started and her voice and demeanor were a breath of fresh air.  Always enjoyed the silver shows.  I know the new(er) hosts try, but they miss the mark for me, but each of us is different, so I understand why some viewers prefer one host over another.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I totally agree!  I watched the show and I didn't see at all what the op saw.  Jill was extremely informative and calm and I didn't see any frustration with Courtney, she was professional as well.  I do see that QVC brought back the ruler for jewelry shows.  I know many people requested they bring it back when QVC asked what people wanted to see on FB.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the show but am not in the market for anymore jewelry. I thought Jill & Courtney worked well together & I think Courtney said she enjoyed working with her. I love Courtney’s taste in jewelry. she wears very nice pieces & very simplistic & elegant. I don’t think she wears junk unless forced to sell it. As far as Jill, she’s always loved the line, wears it & most knowledgeable about it & Courtney deferred to her knowledge & she’s always respectful to the more mature & experienced hosts. I like Courtney’s sense of style & her presentation demeanor. I wish she’d get more shows like this & move on from “Girls…” on Tuesday.
Honored Contributor

@MUO  Jill is the one who actually knows the product. She’s the one I want to hear explain it. The host is just that, a host. For me, the vendor is the important person.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree, if Jill knows  more about the prtoduct, then she should do much of the talking. I think hosts are relieved when the vendor does that, if they are not as proficient of the product. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't see that particular show but I was not a Jill fan because of her history of talking to the camera like she was addressing a room full of 8-year-olds.