Super Contributor

Re: Tell Jill she is not the host

If you watch any HSN their guest does most of the talking.

Respected Contributor

I believe that the guest should always dominate the presentation and discussion. 

The host can ask leading, pertinent questions perhaps.  And mention pricing and availability. 

Otherwise,  I think a host's role is to place the spotlight on her/his guest.

Respected Contributor

@They Call Me MR Wilkes wrote:

I believe that the guest should always dominate the presentation and discussion. 

The host can ask leading, pertinent questions perhaps.  And mention pricing and availability. 

Otherwise,  I think a host's role is to place the spotlight on her/his guest.

Good point! I watched and Courtney looked very subdued which is not her usual demenor. Jill does a great job. Didn't like her as a QVC host, but as a represenatitive for JAI she's good. Get over it Courtney.

Occasional Contributor

Respectfully disagree with you. Jill is very knowledgeable and professional. Enjoyed the show and Courtney did a great job as well.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see this show but I wish more of the hosts were like Jill was.  

Frequent Contributor

I was glad to see her go.  She was rude and pushy. She had a habit of saying "now listen", just the way my Mom did when we were kids.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't speak to the dynamic between the two, as I didn't watch the show. I'm not a big fan of Jai, and to say I'm not a big fan of Jill would be putting it as nicely as is possible for me to put it. I didn't like her as a host and I don't like her any better as a vendor. I avoided her then and I'll avoid her now. I have to really want to see a product, which is rare, to endure Jill Bauer.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@MUO wrote:

Tuned in for a minute with Jai. Courtney looks frustrated. Jill is taking over. She is not the host. Her role is to give pertinent product information.....not do it all. 

Maybe she's like JT when she briefly left. Since Jill's 'next adventure' didn't turn out to be anything momentous, perhaps she wants back in to the point of desperation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I watched a few minutes as I just happened to turn it on when they were presenting together.

Jill was being the same as always, but Courtney did seem a little subdued.  She appeared to be a little intimidated to me.  Nothing terrible, just not as happy as usual.  

When I was a young woman, I remember alpha type females....and you better believe you better know the "pecking" order!

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I disagree. I think Jill is down-to-earth, engaging, and knowledgeable about the jewelry. I enjoy listening to her talking about the Jai offerings. 

I actually enjoyed the show (though I do not buy jewelry from QVC).  I thought both ladies complimented each other.  Jill gives DETAILED information which I think is especially important for jewelry.  She repeatedly explained the small charm was very small, put it in her hand to show, and said if you like big and bold this is NOT for you.  I appreciated that openness.  She knows her jewelry better than the hosts do.  Isn't that why reps are guest?  To explain?