Honored Contributor

@dogsx3    You and @MrSour both know that posts with comments critical of certain hosts get deleted, so thanks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Talk About Distracting!

[ Edited ]

thats why i didn' mention names. But yes you are right....I got lost in the moment, hope you do not get deleted, and if it's not to late, i find bright yellow a very distracting color, can't look at the item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

Sorry, i just couldn't think of what to call it, she always does it, it makes me crazy.

Its hard to know what is offensive today, people are so sensitive. 

Lol...yes, too much. We used to laugh at ourselves and all our "stereotypes", they became stereotypes because it really did apply to a bulk of whatever group. And it used to be a lighthearted poking fun at all our quirks, ethnic differences. Not anymore. Everything is not only an insult but a fight. And we've become a humorless culture over all of it. Not talking about bullying here, it's a thing, it's terrible, and due to many things maybe worse than ever.. But...we also always could tell the difference! Not now...no one is thinking for themselves, not teaching our kids to either.  

All that aside...I'm Italian I'm not insulted at all! I was perplexed however. Did you mean this: 🤌 lol? "on one heel" no less? ha, clue me in. 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹

Isn't it the truth. It really would be nice if folks could learn to distinguish between a comment worthy of being offended by and a comment that isnt. This nonsense has gone too far. And no, while I didn't see the manicure it often seems the hosts are intent on doing anything but selling the merchandise. Then again, the Q's operations are often lacking too, like having an item available to present in one color and showing us the other colors on their webpage. Why bother. I'd also suggest so many remote vendor broadcasts are truly lacking in quality or purpose.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

Sorry, i just couldn't think of what to call it, she always does it, it makes me crazy.

Its hard to know what is offensive today, people are so sensitive. 

Lol...yes, too much. We used to laugh at ourselves and all our "stereotypes", they became stereotypes because it really did apply to a bulk of whatever group. And it used to be a lighthearted poking fun at all our quirks, ethnic differences. Not anymore. Everything is not only an insult but a fight. And we've become a humorless culture over all of it. Not talking about bullying here, it's a thing, it's terrible, and due to many things maybe worse than ever.. But...we also always could tell the difference! Not now...no one is thinking for themselves, not teaching our kids to either.  

All that aside...I'm Italian I'm not insulted at all! I was perplexed however. Did you mean this: 🤌 lol? "on one heel" no less? ha, clue me in. 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹

Isn't it the truth. It really would be nice if folks could learn to distinguish between a comment worthy of being offended by and a comment that isnt. This nonsense has gone too far. And no, while I didn't see the manicure it often seems the hosts are intent on doing anything but selling the merchandise. Then again, the Q's operations are often lacking too, like having an item available to present in one color and showing us the other color from their website. Why bother. I'd also suggest so many remote vendor broadcasts are truly lacking in quality or purpose.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I had to turn on the TV to see who you were speaking of. That's MD. I think because the colors are darker I do not find them distracting even when they did a close up. I originally thought you were speaking of VH. She has a bright orange, and clear color with spiderwebs that I find very distracting. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last Thursday night at midnight i could hardly see the Jai TSV ring because the model, Katia i think they said, had baby pink nails that were ridiculously long.  

Valued Contributor

Now we have nail polish strips/stickers/wraps instead of polish out of the bottle. A Google/Amazon search will bring up tons of choices. I've thought of trying them - too much else gets in the waySmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Couns1 Read it 3 times - still don't get it.

Poster would have to show me.

If you google or go on etsy and type in Italian hand gestures you will see it. Also my husband is "100 percent italian," and not offended by my post.

@dogsx3  when I read it, I thought you were Italian and that's why you said it. It's close enough lol.

Now I have to google it and see what it looks like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nail polish aside, where all this hand wringing over what's offensive and what's permissible is going to lead is right back to folks making their own decisions and I hope it does. There are a lot of crude, rude people out there and this debate really isn't impacting them. They're going to do and say what they want to do and say. Most people I know, however, try to say and do the right thing, or what they, within reason, feel is the right thing. Others are free to disagree, but for me, that's good enough. If I occasionally get my nose out of joint, so be it. There are far bigger obstacles to daily living than a ruffled feather or two.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@dogsx3 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@Couns1 Read it 3 times - still don't get it.

Poster would have to show me.

If you google or go on etsy and type in Italian hand gestures you will see it. Also my husband is "100 percent italian," and not offended by my post.

@dogsx3  when I read it, I thought you were Italian and that's why you said it. It's close enough lol.

Now I have to google it and see what it looks like.

It's not a bad gesture, it is when you are tring to get your point across and really like something... like pizza!