Honored Contributor

Re: TWO OF MY NEIGHBORS CANCELLED THEIR ACCOUNTS

@barrel racer wrote:

You can cancel your card but not close your account if you carry a balance. Synchrony bank owns your account, not you.

I have no doubt that the OP's neighbors told her they closed their accounts, but I'm assuming they said it for the drama factor.  My guess is they have decided they are no longer going to shop with the Q and wanted to go out with a high impact statement.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, you remembered or looked up what she said a year ago? ~ @CalminHeart 

Given the outrage (and threats to stop shopping here) that many posters felt at the time, it is quite easy to remember without looking anything up. @paixmcdao 

Posters come here to vent. Who cares what they said a year ago. @manny2 

@paixmcdao & @Trinity11

I agree with your comments.  As someone who reads here on a regular basis if I was unable to recall the copious amounts of diatribe by this op I would be calling my dr with concerns about memory loss.

@manny2 : Who cares what someone said a year ago? In some cases it's irrelevant to today, however, it's up to each of us to decide when someone's venting is so overly excessive that we can no longer believe what they say or take them seriously. I think that's important and while you may not care, I do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Wow, you remembered or looked up what she said a year ago? ~ @CalminHeart 

Given the outrage (and threats to stop shopping here) that many posters felt at the time, it is quite easy to remember without looking anything up. @paixmcdao 

Posters come here to vent. Who cares what they said a year ago. @manny2 

@paixmcdao & @Trinity11

I agree with your comments.  As someone who reads here on a regular basis if I was unable to recall the copious amounts of diatribe by this op I would be calling my dr with concerns about memory loss.

@manny2 : Who cares what someone said a year ago? In some cases it's irrelevant to today, however, it's up to each of us to decide when someone's venting is so overly excessive that we can no longer believe what they say or take them seriously. I think that's important and while you may not care, I do. 

I guess you never changed your mind, or got angry and said something, only to let it slide, and then have it happen again.

You are a rarity @SusieQ_2  

Not to mention that is way too much energy and thought to put into posters on an anonymous board. 

Esteemed Contributor

"I guess you never changed your mind, or got angry and said something, only to let it slide, and then have it happen again.

Not to mention that is way too much energy and thought to put into posters on an anonymous board." @manny2 

@manny2 

When did I say, or even imply, I never get angry or change my mind? If I am a rarity, I'll take that complement with a grain of salt as your observation is based solely on the false narrative you just concocted but thanks all the same. 

Energy? Trust me, I haven't broken a sweat, lol, but coming from you that's hilarious! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"I guess you never changed your mind, or got angry and said something, only to let it slide, and then have it happen again.

Not to mention that is way too much energy and thought to put into posters on an anonymous board." @manny2 

@manny2 

When did I say, or even imply, I never get angry or change my mind? If I am a rarity, I'll take that complement with a grain of salt as your observation is based solely on the false narrative you just concocted but thanks all the same. 

Energy? Trust me, I haven't broken a sweat, lol, but coming from you that's hilarious! Smiley Very Happy

Remember when I said I don’t waste energy on an anonymous board. That goes for meeting a poster in their comfort zone as well.

Your reply to me does not fit the narrative. Why so defensive and angry? Anyway, I don’t give much weight to posters that sling insults. So, if you want to waste your time with me have at it.

One question “coming from me” what that does mean? You don’t know me. Oh, forget it rhetorical question. @SusieQ_2 

Esteemed Contributor

"Remember when I said I don’t waste energy on an anonymous board. That goes for meeting a poster in their comfort zone as well." @manny2 

I have no idea what that means, lol. Where you do or don't meet posters is not a concern of mine but as long as it works for you...

"Your reply to me does not fit the narrative. Why so defensive and angry? Anyway, I don’t give much weight to posters that sling insults. So, if you want to waste your time with me have at it." @manny2 

Oh please, I've read some of your insults and condescension on these boards especially on threads about the royals, however, my reply was completely appropriate and, again, your assumptions are way off base. I am neither defensive nor angry. I simply replied to your comments. 

"One question “coming from me” what that does mean? You don’t know me. Oh, forget it rhetorical question." @manny2 

You don't know me either and yet you have made the erroneous judgement that I'm angry and defensive. Irony or hypocrisy? Never mind, rhetorical question. :

Do I know you personally? No, but your posting history precedes you and it tells me that if I was interested you'd go 'round and 'round with this for hours possibly daysSmiley Wink

Maybe we'll have more productive conversations in the future but as far as this one goes, I'm done. As you said--if you want to waste your time have at it. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy the rest of this beautiful day. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Of course you can close your account! This means I'm not doing business with you anymore, don't send me any emails or snail mail. 

Respected Contributor

@manny2 "I don't but that much from QVC anymore. If I do need something I buy if it ships for free."

Thank you for the advice.  I just bought a blouse on sale that has free shipping.  I have changed my mind about my sabbatical on purchases until February 2023.  If I need an item and it has free shipping I will purchase the item. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@manny2 "I don't but that much from QVC anymore. If I do need something I buy if it ships for free."

Thank you for the advice.  I just bought a blouse on sale that has free shipping.  I have changed my mind about my sabbatical on purchases until February 2023.  If I need an item and it has free shipping I will purchase the item. Smiley Happy 

You're welcome @lgfan  we can change our mind, and we can complain and still shop. Imagine that lol. Enjoy your blouse!

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

You really shot yourselves in the foot QVC.  I can't imagine how much business you will lose over this.  Maybe you will get new people BUT They won't stay.  I am done also so that is 3 people you have lost.  Whoever made this decision should be fired.

@BalletBabe 

I won't presume to speak for anyone else here, but if you are going to start a thread, at least take the time to write a comment that people can understand.  Your post will be a mystery to many, I'm sure.

How did they shoot themselves in the foot?  Would it be too much trouble to explain why you think they shot themselves in the foot?  What decision are you talking about?

And .... why do you think any of us - or QVC - cares what your neighbors do?  

I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm not psychic, and I bet several others aren't either.