Honored Contributor

Re: TWO OF MY NEIGHBORS CANCELLED THEIR ACCOUNTS

@manny2 wrote:

I don't but that much from QVC anymore. If I do need something I buy if it ships for free. 

Same here. I always price shop. Everything I've considered buying in the last 2 years was found cheaper elsewhere along with free shipping and most with free returns. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

How do you cancel your account?

I  was under the impression that you couldn't. If you didn't want to do business with QVC anymore, you could just stop ordering.

I only ordered one time in 2022.  QVC never has anything I need any more and I  won't pay high shipping costs for a "want" or spend my money on something I don't need.

My savings account is a lot healthier now.

I think what you posted is exactly why QVC is offering new customers free shipping. You ordered probably one more item than a lot of the posters that share here they never buy anything here...some as long as 20 years.

QVC wants new customers hoping they will increase sales because a lot of their previous customers aren't buying. 

They won't when they deal with the high shipping costs and all the other issues. 

Then clearly you already had reason to stop shopping with QVC and this was another reason to do so @BalletBabe . Last year you said much the same when QVC were going to shut down the forums.

I think the shipping fees are fair and when I have an issue customer service is always helpful with Live Chat. A lot of their new customers may feel the same.

Wow, you remembered or looked up what she said a year ago? 

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I  was under the impression that you couldn't. If you didn't want to do business with QVC anymore, you could just stop ordering.

I only ordered one time in 2022.  QVC never has anything I need any more and I  won't pay high shipping costs for a "want" or spend my money on something I don't need.

I think what you posted is exactly why QVC is offering new customers free shipping. You ordered probably one more item than a lot of the posters that share here they never buy anything here...some as long as 20 years.

QVC wants new customers hoping they will increase sales because a lot of their previous customers aren't buying. 

They won't when they deal with the high shipping costs and all the other issues. 

Then clearly you already had reason to stop shopping with QVC and this was another reason to do so @BalletBabe . Last year you said much the same when QVC were going to shut down the forums.

I think the shipping fees are fair and when I have an issue customer service is always helpful with Live Chat. A lot of their new customers may feel the same.

Given the outrage (and threats to stop shopping here) that many posters felt at the time, it is quite easy to remember without looking anything up. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

"The PTB never read these boards, don't care what we think or take suggestions (BTW, useful info) from here."

How could you possibly know that?

@paixmcdao   Just my opinion since changes like computer glitches, wacky site issues, repeating TSVs every hour for 1/2 the show., too much timeon each item, the giggling/nonsense of hosts...most suggestions made here are not addressed. 

Regular Contributor

I try to keep an eye on items I'm interested in purchasing.  Many times, when a free ship day rolls around, I notice that prices are higher than they were when shipping wasn't free.  I have to wonder if not only are the long time customers not getting free shipping, but will we be paying more for items and not getting the best discounts to cover the free shipping for new customers?

Also, it seems like every time I tune in, the host is talking about the new customer free shipping.  I just can't get myself to be excited about items while hearing this constantly.  We're all getting slammed at the grocery, at the pumps, everywhere.  This QVC deal is just sad.

Super Contributor

I've decided I will continue to watch fashion but not order anymore. I'm done ordering. I turn QVC on to get away from all the Medicare ads and political ads. At least the Q doesn't have commercials. Be glad when the mid term election is over. It's horrible here in GA

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

We all do it right @CalminHeart  When we are frustrated with anything we swear we will never purchase, use them etc.  It’s human nature. Not a big deal.

Posters come here to vent. Who cares what they said a year ago.

Super Contributor

🤷‍♂️🤔 why participate on chat boards of a shopping company one hasn't purchased from in 10 years?
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

No, I clearly remembered the situation. It was memorable @CalminHeart. I don't need to look up anything 🙄 

Esteemed Contributor

You can cancel your card but not close your account if you carry a balance. Synchrony bank owns your account, not you.