Regular Contributor

Totally agree....the new hosts are horrible at best...with one exception - a very elegant lady that they usually put on Q2...  Then Shawn needs to revamp herself and her attitudes and her credibility is ZERO.  Add to that the prices - ridiculous, I can shop at local Florida boutiques and get things at lower costs not pay shipping not waitin 2 weeks....  QVC no longer lives up to its initials...

Regular Contributor

@rose123 wrote:

It is no longer enjoyable to watch or shop with QVC.  All the good hosts have either been let go or forced out of their positions.  Think Lisa Robertson, Lisa Mason, Jill Bauer, Antonella Nester, and now Carolyn Gracie and Dan Hughes.  Of the newer hosts, Mary Nelson was professional, low key and pleasant to watch.  The newest group may be cheaper to hire and keep by QVC, but they all seem to lack professionalism and on-air presence.  It is likely most of the "salary money" is going to the two longest term hosts, one male and one female.  Another host who is on all the time talks nonstop about herself and is exhausting to watch.  QVC needs to re-evaluate their moves from the top down, and maybe the top brass should be fired for making such poor corporate decisions that only serve to push customers away.  For now QVC seems to be, one by one, putting nails in their corporate coffin.     

Oh come on, namdrop for us!  Smiley LOL  

Respected Contributor

Buy a share or two of Qurate stock. 

You vote for the Board of Directors. 

They hire the CEO.

Problem solved. 

I am so disappointed with QVC, they hired all this new people and got rid of the faithful ones. I enjoyed  Carolyn and Dan so much. Looked forward for them to come on. What is the matter with the management of that company. They keep getting rid of those that are so enjoyable to watch.  QVC is on all day at my house but now I see the new trend coming about in QVC like other companies. It will bite them in the butt in the long run. I miss hearing their voices and Christmas won't be the same. You have made foolish choices. Whoever is on your management team is taking you down the wrong path. Those employees were so faithful to QVC and you cut their throats, so sad . QVC is changing for the worse

Honored Contributor

Having not read all the posts,but I would guess the Parachute Packages are tax deductible.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@hollidaytime wrote:

I am so disappointed with QVC, they hired all this new people and got rid of the faithful ones. I enjoyed  Carolyn and Dan so much. Looked forward for them to come on. What is the matter with the management of that company. They keep getting rid of those that are so enjoyable to watch.  QVC is on all day at my house but now I see the new trend coming about in QVC like other companies. It will bite them in the butt in the long run. I miss hearing their voices and Christmas won't be the same. You have made foolish choices. Whoever is on your management team is taking you down the wrong path. Those employees were so faithful to QVC and you cut their throats, so sad . QVC is changing for the worse

@hollidaytime 

Most people realize that QVC is a shopping channel ... a business, not an entertainment channel.    Yes, some people think these hosts are their "friends" but that's not what the bottom line is about.

If I had to guess, Caroline and Dan were closest to retirement age, so if QVC gave them a severance package that paid them up to that time, they got a VERY good deal.

BTW ..... approximately 400 people were let go with that layoff.  I'm assuming every department lost people, whether they were considered "faithful" or not..  

That's the way businesses work ... they have to show a profit, and do what it takes to make that happen.  If you like what they offer, you will still buy.

Super Contributor

Corporations can and do as they wish.  This large corporation, however, needs to learn to make wise decisions in hiring, costs, shipping, etc...

Trusted Contributor

The reason I shop at the Q was for the convenience. Totally going in wrong direction in that area. Recent purchases.....one with no receipt of any type, another with receipt but no return label. It is not convenient to go somewhere and stand in line to return item if I don't have a printer. My purchases have decreased because of inconsistency and convenience. 

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

QVC (Qurate) has been arrogant thinking they knew what customers wanted, ignored their requests for better service, innovation, and quality.

$2.59 billion Qurate lost last year 2022.  

Going Beyond Transactional E-commerce or Traditional Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Qurate Retail, Inc. owns and operates seven leading retail brands in the U.S. and abroad, including QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®and Grandin Road® (collectively, "Qurate Retail GroupSM"). Through our subsidiaries, we provide 22 million consumers with a Third Way to Shop® via television programs, streaming services, social media platforms and mobile applications.

Don't forget that the business losses of Qurate are not just QVC. 

@granddi 

I didn't forget.  This is what I said.

"QVC (Qurate) has been arrogant thinking..."

"$2.59 billion Qurate lost last year 2022."

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree. The food prices are outrageous!