Respected Contributor

QXH is the combined operations of QVC and HSN.

They do not breakout the results of each.

New Contributor

AGREED 100% +. with @Rose comment.With  barely very few exceptions the new hosts  lack professionalism & boring to the point I just want to change the channel. I missed soooo much Miss.Lisa Robertson, Lisa Mason, ANTONELLA NESTER, Jill Bawer, Caroline Gracie, & the list goes on & on. Very sad QVC's boat is sinking.

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

QXH is the combined operations of QVC and HSN.

They do not breakout the results of each.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   What this says to me is that the TV shopping brands are the problem. Sadly I think  home shopping TV channels are going the way of the dinosaurs. 

Trusted Contributor

To everyone who replied to this thread -

Check out Shawn Wilsie best podcasts and see his opinions on television shopping networks like QVC.  He used to be a host on shoplc and is now an insurance agent.

Very enlightening.

Trusted Contributor

You said it all so well.  I have very little desire to watch or shop here now. Upper management is terrible.  They are the ones who need to be replaced. They never handle real problems like website issues, returns etc. Also, if they want to save money, why do they have multiple hosts on one show?  That is an unnecessary waste of money.  They have kept a few terrible hosts and left all the good professional ones go.  

Occasional Contributor

I really don't have complaints about QVC- just one- I wish the powers that be would speak with the hosts in regards to " Talking over their guests". It's so Annoying. Why do they have to keep interrupting when a guest is trying to talk?

Occasional Contributor

I absolutely agree with you. I have been with the Q for over 30 years, and I can't watch much of anything anymore.  How many hours do you have to try and sell a special value of the day?  The newer hosts are ridiculously loud and goofy.  I too appreciated these two hosts for their professionalism.  Maybe QVC should look at who they have running this sinking ship.  It seems like everytime I do turn the TV to the Q, they are selling food, makeup or clothes from just a handful of designers (all who are overpriced).  What is really bizarre is their pricing lately.  You can look at an item to purchase, think about it and the next day it will be priced considerably higher.  And maybe a few days it will be less than it was when you originally looked at it.  With the pricing on some items, you have to wonder if there was an input error on the $ amount.  Anyway, I am a prime member of Amazon and find that their customer service, delivery and product far exceeds QVC.  Remember when they used to talk about quality control?  What a joke it is now.

Super Contributor

I order from the Q but it's a resource, not an integral  part of my day. I'm sorry to learn that Carolyn was let go, but you may remember other hosts that left without fanfare. Antonella Nester and Bob Bowersox come to mind. Who remembers Dave King who did his

show, walked off of tbe set, and was handed his walking papers? 

who could out talk 

Kathy Levine,

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

You conveniently omit, in all of your posts on the matter, that an employer may not terminate an employee for any reason.  Not true.  They may not take action that is illegal per federal and/or state law.

Federal and state discrimination statutes prohibit employers from basing employment decisions on an employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Specific state statutes may also protect employees from discrimination based on other factors, such as sexual orientation.

The multiple posts repeating this are political, politically charged and electioneering in violation of forum rules.

Try proving this. Employers can always come up with something to validate firing someone. Proving it is very expensive and almost impossible. It's out of reach for most people.

Remember, HR protects the company 99% of the time, not the employee.

Respected Contributor

Re: THE DOWNFALL OF QVC

[ Edited ]

I didn't say it was easy.

In fact it's extremely difficult and very, very expensive. 

One can lose hundreds of thousands in legal fees if they don't prevail, which has happened.

That's why many terminated don't pursue legal recourse.   Plus, they may have signed non-litigation agreements in order to receive separation benefits. 

But facts are indeed facts.