Honored Contributor

@manny2 Yes I did. How very observant of you. As I said I don't think about TV sales people. I do respond to threads. Surely you must see the difference. Or not.

Respected Contributor

@22eyesblue wrote:

I disagree completely, that QVC is on it's way down.  Times are hard for all retail operations right now and adjustments are in order.  There is much that I enjoy about the Q.  I still buy from them and intend to continue doing so.  Though I've atched long enough to remember and have liked the older and the previous hosts - I also find a lot to like about the current and new hosts.  Change is good!  All the best QVC!  I am a 33 year fan and customer who is going nowhere! 

No, times are not hard for ALL retail operations. As for just one example, Last year earnings for LL Bean were up 14% and forecast are looking good this year also.  Because of the good earnings, the employees were given a 20% bonus i believe split between their 401k and money.  So if other companies can do it, (LL Bean has $1.8 billion in revenue) so can the Q.

Maybe TPTB here at the Q should look into what makes other companies work well and adopt some of their policies. 

(NRF source)

Respected Contributor

Yup.  Not all retailers are suffering 

The National Retail Federation reported positive results overall for the holiday season and 2022 full year.

Just some are experiencing problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@manny2 Yes I did. How very observant of you. As I said I don't think about TV sales people. I do respond to threads. Surely you must see the difference. Or not.

I’m going with the “not”. If a thread doesn’t interest me, I just pass by. I don’t bother to take a minute from my life to say I’m not interested in the subject. But you do you @Love my grandkids 

Regular Contributor
QVC, please 📞 me. If your cutting more hosts, I have
a few suggestions.
Regular Contributor
After reading a huge selection of posts regarding the latest layoffs or whatever they are calling it, I better understand the frenetic and absurd sale presentations of recent years. I only hear desperation in the voices of the hosts who ‘love’ everything and are willing to say anything about everything. I pay to go to the theatre for entertainment. When I want to buy something, I want details and specifics. One could always count on Carolyn for just that. Sincerity goes further than hyperbole and mindless talk. The latest style of selling must come from the top and be indicative of a business in trouble. I am reminded of a failing restaurant offering coupons just before they plan up shut the doors. It’s a last ditch effort to save the ship from sinking.
Respected Contributor

That number is for all 7 of Quarates holdings, not just qvc. 

Respected Contributor

That loss is from 7 holdings of Quarate, not just QVC.

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

QVC (Qurate) has been arrogant thinking they knew what customers wanted, ignored their requests for better service, innovation, and quality.

$2.59 billion Qurate lost last year 2022.  

Wow.  Just wow!  Wonder what their parachute packages amount to.  Even when the top fails, they still come out on top because of these packages.

Respected Contributor

Re: THE DOWNFALL OF QVC

[ Edited ]

Of Qurate Retail's total Operating Loss of $2.04 Billion QXH US contributed a loss of $1.82 Billion.

The balance was due to Zulily.

QVC International and CBI (Grand in Road, Garnet Hill, Frontgate, Ballard Design) both generated operating profits.

So those interested can see the source of the issues:  the layoffs were all at QXH US.

All data available at Investor Relations. 

Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Of Qurate Retail's total Operating Loss of $2.04 Billion QXH US contributed a loss of $1.82 Billion.

The balance was due to Zulily.

QVC International and CBI (Grand in Road, Garnet Hill, Frontgate, Ballard Design) both generated operating profits.

So those interested can see the source of the issues:  the layoffs were all at QXH US.

All data available at Investor Relations. 

Sorry, what is QHX?