Contributor

St. Patrick's Day Programming 2019 So Minimal And Disappointing

Is anyone else as disappointed in the St. Patrick's Day programming as I am? Only 10 hours on the main channel but 16 hours on Q2 which is not available in all areas including mine. Trying to wach Q2 on the computer is frustrating since, at least in my area, the feed cuts out every minute or so.

I really miss the 24 hour format during which I bought many wonderful items for my husband and me and for gifts.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

Valued Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day Programming 2019 So Minimal And Disappointing

I’ve never enjoyed the St Patrick’s shows so I’m ok with less programming.
Honored Contributor

I, too, have never been interested in anything having to do with St. Patrick's Day.  Never watch it so i wont miss it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Having enjoyed two wonderful trips to Ireland, I always enjoyed the St Patrick’s Day presentations on QVC. and now, through ancestry.com, I discovered that a small part of me is Irish. That may explain my love of Irish coffee...YUM!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@the mink 

I always enjoy the refreshing change in programming that the Irish Shows provide....I like the charming vendors from Ireland and unique products ..Although they could cut back a bit on sweater presentations......But its a welcome change from QVC's stale line up...And I'm not even Irish....Woman Very Happy  Its a shame QVC can't give 24 hours to show some truly different programming.....Oh some don't like it, just like I don't like all day beauty shows, or vacuums, or security systems and I just solve that by using my remote! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Never was interested in that programming 

Honored Contributor

To my knowledge I'm not Irish, but on St. Pat's I am IMO.LOL I wish the St. Patrick's Day Programming was on main or Q2 for 24 hours like they used to be. I always buy something, I love their sweaters and get so many compliments when I wear them. Their jewelry is a little expensive for what it is, but heck it's from Ireland. I love their pottery, I have the tea pot and I think I may buy the bowl I saw advertised. 

Trusted Contributor

While I find the scaled back St. Patrick’s day programming disappointing, what disappoints me most is the annual rehashing of the few same old, same old Irish merchandise. Quite honestly, there isn’t enough Irish made inventory at this point to support 24 hours of programming. It’s really a kind of vicious cycle, first they don’t offer fresh or interesting merchandise, then it doesn’t sell well, and because the Irish merchandise isn’t selling, the hours get cut back. 

I can remember in years past seeing a wide variety of interesting Irish made jewelry at more affordable prices. The one brand they seem to carry now is just out of my price range, especially for pieces I wouldn’t wear on an everyday basis. I have some beautiful Irish made home decor pieces. My Blarney Stone Pottery dinnerware and accessory pieces are among my most treasured household possessions. While I love Waterford Crystal, I miss the more affordable lines like Galway Crystal. Even the Connemara marble offerings seem scaled back. Man, I miss the old days. 

Oh well, rant over. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and Erin go Bragh! ☘️😊☘️

Honored Contributor

I never end up purchasing anything, no matter how many hours they devote to it.  But I do watch the programming off & on since I find it a very pleasant departure from their other programming.  The guests are so charming, and learning how items are made is lovely. 

Honored Contributor

http://quotesideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/st-patricks-day05.gif