Esteemed Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day Programming 2019 So Minimal And Disappointing

I look forward to the event each year because it's something different.  This year is something I've especially been looking forward to because it's happening on the weekend and I'll be home to enjoy it.  I think Jane T. always does a great job with these shows.  I'll tune in, and probably buy an item or two, but like the OP, I'm disappointed to note it's not a longer event as they've done in the past.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, disappointing!  Just wrote to Customer Service.  Those guests come all the way over with their beautiful merchandise and they deserve to be on the main channel for these 2 days.  Maybe throw in something else, every few hours- but it's special programming.  I totally disagree with the people who commented saying it's the same merchandise- it's really not!  It's beautiful merchandise that has history and uniqueness to it- I appreciate what they bring-

Come on QVC...what are you thinking?

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you. I have been watching now for several hours. I am dissappointed in the sweaters. Same ones from years past and new ones that are really not flattering. The choice of 3 or 4 colors in most of them and it is colors I would not want AND the prices are way out there! Years past, they were costly and more afordable, no more than 120.00 range but now they are as much as 149.00! With that said, did you look closely at the sweaters on the models? They are not as tightly knitted as in years past as well as not being as thick. You can see right through them to the shirts the models were wearing. Very dissappointing!  For years, I have been watching for a soft, slightly fitted, merino wool, hooded sweater (too keep the wind out of my ears), with pockets in front (not in side seams), beautiful stitching, sleeves in correct length, not too long (booty length) with the scallop hem on bottom and on bottom of sleeves that mimic lace and in colors like the rich plum and rich aqua as in item #A275981 and including a medium brown, mixed blue denim and charcoal. It would be beautiful and I would splurge and buy one or two. It is a design in my head but apparently not in the designers head.The jewelry is also more costly. I was wanting to purchase a walking stick for my husband, but they are not offered in taller 's sizes. My husband is 6'3" and the sticks are way too short for him. Not to mention that there is no jewelry for men. A beautiful claddagh ring, for instance. But then again, the prices are way too high on most of the products. I found the Walsh's doing an Irish and Connemara marble show on another shopping channel. The programming is not fun anymore. So sad..

Trusted Contributor

I think TPTB have set up shows that will move the merchandise.  They want to make money, and they won't have a full day's worth of shows as in the past because that full day doesn't do well in these times.

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

While I find the scaled back St. Patrick’s day programming disappointing, what disappoints me most is the annual rehashing of the few same old, same old Irish merchandise. Quite honestly, there isn’t enough Irish made inventory at this point to support 24 hours of programming. It’s really a kind of vicious cycle, first they don’t offer fresh or interesting merchandise, then it doesn’t sell well, and because the Irish merchandise isn’t selling, the hours get cut back. 

I can remember in years past seeing a wide variety of interesting Irish made jewelry at more affordable prices. The one brand they seem to carry now is just out of my price range, especially for pieces I wouldn’t wear on an everyday basis. I have some beautiful Irish made home decor pieces. My Blarney Stone Pottery dinnerware and accessory pieces are among my most treasured household possessions. While I love Waterford Crystal, I miss the more affordable lines like Galway Crystal. Even the Connemara marble offerings seem scaled back. Man, I miss the old days. 

Oh well, rant over. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and Erin go Bragh! ☘️😊☘️

@Maltichonmom17 

I hear ya....

I have a beautiful Galway crystal vase that I put real flowers in.....and some white agate earrings $49....couple of Beleek pieces too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I think TPTB have set up shows that will move the merchandise.  They want to make money, and they won't have a full day's worth of shows as in the past because that full day doesn't do well in these times.

@sashamatthews 

Please go back and look at QVC's financial reports, under their parent company--- LibertyInteractive's website.  For the last 6 years jewelry sales have been declining and declining and declining, yet they still devote quite a few full 24 hour days to jewelry......And for 2 quarters now the home category hasnt been going well but that didnt stop them from garden show weekends, and days full of cooking shows, and even adding At Home With David show either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I never really watched it that much but when I did I found it to be a refreshing & interesting change for just a day.

I was fortunate enough to go on a trip to Ireland in September with extended family.  It's beautiful country with friendly people!...I got to see many items shown on the Q right at the source...from Irish woolens, Connemarra marble & Waterford crystal!

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the St Patrick's Day shows.

I am disappointed in that they spend less time on them they have in the past.

I will not tune in when it is all day jewlery or all day gardening.

Honored Contributor

I honestly no longer care what or how they program since I've given up on trying to watch QVC. That said, you had to know with St. Patrick's Day falling on a weekend that the short-sighted powers that be were never going to completely give up the typical weekend redundancy to feature all Irish products... And, as someone else said, to my recollection, the array of Irish products on offer had, themselves, become somewhat redundant... Let's face it, QVC is no longer the place to go if someone is looking for fresh ideas or for significant variety...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I have to say that I'm impressed with how many items the Q is presenting within each of the St. Patrick's Day shows—I wish they would take this approach with all of the shows, whether themed or not. Of course they're presenting tons of sweaters; that has been the case from the beginning with all of the Irish shows that are not focused around a specific brand like Belleek or a theme like jewelry. Like many of the other posters here, I welcome the change in programming, and I actually think it's a good idea to not spend the whole day presenting the same items 20 times, as it makes me more likely to watch.