Re: St. Patrick's Day Programming 2019 So Minimal And Disappointing

Yes, I found it disappointing too.  And for the finale to be hours on QVC2 "previously recorded"? What?  I feel like the whole event was handled like an unwelcome distant relative.  Not good.   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't phase the Irish programs out in the next few years.  The programming decreases every year.

That's not true. Last year the 29th Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration was the largest ever- a total 28 hours March 16 & 17 on QVC & QVC2. This year's 17 hours is about the same number of hours for the years 2012-2017. Even 29th Annual Rose of Tralee in 2018 was up two hours over the previous year.

Respected Contributor

Sadly many older viewers do not know how to live stream QVC2. I was talking to a dear friend who was shut out of a lot of the programming because it wasn't on the main channel. I also felt Stephen Walsh looked sad. He didn't have his usual zest for life. I have to think the vendors were hurt that their programming was cut.
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I think it would be interesting if the Q did its Irish programming right after Valentine's Day so people could buy pieces they could use the next month to celebrate on/around St. Patrick's Day. I realize that most of the items that are brought in are all about Ireland and not necessarily about the American holiday version of St. Patrick's Day, but I'm guessing that more interest might be generated with this approach. I know if I buy a decorative piece during the 3/17 sale, even if I plan to display it year-round, I'll be a bit disappointed to get it two weeks later and have to wait a year for that item to directly tie back into the holiday.

Just my two-cents' worth...  Smiley Wink

I always think the vendors would also prefer to enjoy St. Patrick's Day at home instead of here, @loriqvc 

I suppose some may have family or friends here, but still . . .

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed what I saw of it but it was hard keeping track of what channel it was on and a lot of times it just was repeated on QVC2!

There were more products in the past.

I too looked forward to these shows and bought things everytime for me and for gifts

over the years.

This time though I didn't find anything new or that I really wanted.

I felt badly for them coming all the way from Ireland and not as much time devoted.

It seems a lot of the fun shows-Kirk's Folly, St.Patrick's are lessened with the fun sets  and the Irish music and "pub" setting, until they just become not on at all.

QVC used to be such a fun place to visit and yes find so many interesting gifts for myself and others. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

The vendors knew how much time they would be on air before they even boarded the plane from Ireland. 

Super Contributor

Too many sweaters and jewelry pieces, mimicking real life Q.  I miss the variety they used to have on those days.  I noticed a lot of the items were clearance so all in all not a lot of "new".