Honored Contributor

Re: So much for reviews

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Did you look at notifications that QVC included on some of the written reviews? 

"Written by a customer while visiting cuisinart.com " 

I noticed that when I looked at the reviews on Monday when Stacey presented it. 

@KentuckyWoman, so does this mean that reviews are being pulled from other sites by the company that manages QVC's reviews,  and posted on QVC.com in the reviews?  

If I am going to post my review about an item, I post it to the website where I bought the item.  I see no reason to go to multiple websites that sell the item and keep posting my review.  For one thing, it may not be 100% exactly the same item on both sites because oftentimes items are made specifically for the store/site from which the item is purchased.   

@Lipstickdiva, I seriously doubt that QVC does this, but I have seen it done by relatively small sites.

As I posted earlier, I have cross-posted reviews and have always indicated that I am doing so. I've never done it for a product that might different on another site. I do like the ability to see, for example, a review of a fragrance both on Amazon and on fragrantica as well as sharing mine on both.

@suzyQ3 and @Lipstickdiva,  QVC (via Bazaarvoice) does do this, but they notate the reviews that have been used on multiple sites across the internet (examples:  This review was collected as part of a promotion" or “Written by a customer while visiting philosophy.com” or" Written by a customer while visiting Product Sampling Community").

I agree with you that customers, themselves, also sometimes post the same review on more than one site, and I've seen nothing to prevent them from doing so.  After all, the review is supposed to be related to the product itself rather than the website (I think that's what most review guidelines suggest or require?).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@KentuckyWoman, so does this mean that reviews are being pulled from other sites by the company that manages QVC's reviews,  and posted on QVC.com in the reviews?  

If I am going to post my review about an item, I post it to the website where I bought the item.  I see no reason to go to multiple websites that sell the item and keep posting my review.  For one thing, it may not be 100% exactly the same item on both sites because oftentimes items are made specifically for the store/site from which the item is purchased.   

@Lipstickdiva, I seriously doubt that QVC does this, but I have seen it done by relatively small sites.

As I posted earlier, I have cross-posted reviews and have always indicated that I am doing so. I've never done it for a product that might different on another site. I do like the ability to see, for example, a review of a fragrance both on Amazon and on fragrantica as well as sharing mine on both.

@suzyQ3 and @Lipstickdiva QVC (via Bazaarvoice) does do this, but they notate the reviews that have been used on multiple sites across the internet (examples:  This review was collected as part of a promotion" or “Written by a customer while visiting philosophy.com” or" Written by a customer while visiting Product Sampling Community").

I agree with you that customers, themselves, also sometimes post the same review on more than one site, and I've seen nothing to prevent them from doing so.  After all, the review is supposed to be related to the product itself rather than the website (I think that's what most review guidelines suggest or require?).

@dooBdoo, thank you for the correction. I don't read reviews anymore here, so I did not know that they use and label reviews from elsewhere. Seems perfectly fine to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @suzyQ3!   It seems perfectly fine to me, too.😊

I'll add 3 links for those who would like to see some of reviews with notes indicating other websites or promotional programs:

K48640
https://www.qvc.com/Cuisinart-PrepExpress-Slicer%2C-Shredder-and-Spiralizer.product.K48640.html?prod...

A10644
https://www.qvc.com/philosophy-super-size-hope-in-a-tube-high-density-eye-%26-lip-cream.product.A106...

K378616
https://www.qvc.com/SENCOR-Pastel-STS-3x-2-Slice-Toaster.product.K378616.html

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have no Idea who manages QVC reviews.  I assumed QVC managed their own.  I only know on the item the OP mentioned, I looked at the reviews during the presentation and saw that reviews had been pulled from Cuisinart's website.  That is the first time I have noticed this on a QVC review.  I do know that other websites do use the same review from the original website where the review was written.  Zappos and Amazon are examples. 

Respected Contributor

It is common practice for reviews from one website to be posted on another.  A note is usually added to indicate so, but not everyone may notice.  I see this a lot with Perricone products.  I see reviews from the Perricone website posted on Nordstrom, and elsewhere.  But they do note it.  Happens all the time.  I do prefer if a particular website posts their own reviews only but whatever.  It's not life changing.

Esteemed Contributor
I just wish people would review an item by telling us their height weight and measurements and body type which helps others instead of saying how cheap and ugly the item is. Everyone has differing opinions on fabric and style. I always provide my measurements weight and body type to help others. If someone thought the style was ugly why in the world did they order it in the first place I