Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Issues...already?

@BalletBabe. Who is the phone # for?  I'll add it to my contacts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe. Who is the phone # for?  I'll add it to my contacts.

Walmart Customer Service.   

Honored Contributor

Some of the delays are due to carriers. One major air hub was shut down for some time due to unforeseen problems.

Most delays are due to Q and vendors using the slowest and lowest priority shipping option - and it's Q's standard shipping option.

Parcel Post almost always requires 3rd non-USPS parties to move mail from PO to PO. These 3rd parties don't make trips if it's not profitable. Because it's the lowest priority, it can sit at a post office for days (or longer) because the post office is so busy. 

Anyone who waits until now or later to order for holidays is taking a chance. It may or may not arrive on time. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 - So, from your update, the UPS guy wasn't lying?  He did deliver your packages, when he said?

As for shipping issues, I know a lot complain about QVC and praise HSN.

Well, I placed an ordered with HSN on the 17th.  And I just got an email saying that "Hurrah!" my order has finally shipped!  On the 26th.  Nine days to even ship it?  And that's "the label has been printed".  Not so great. 

I'm in no rush, but I've had better luck with QVC.  At first, I didn't even know what HSN was talking about.  I'd forgotten about the order! 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

Thank you for taking the time to read about my crazy experience!

Yes, the UPS guys, in this case, ABSOLUTELY DID get the pkg here on time and in the right place!

Had I not been coming down with a sinus infection (head stuffed up and foggy thinking) I would have been more about finding an announcement in my emails informing that the actual area (shelf) for picking them up had been moved.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

UPS has never taken a photo of a delivery to my house.   Only Amazon and Walmart have done that.

@Kachina624 - UPS has been rolling out this option over the past five months; I've received photos of my deliveries since September and my sister has since August. Perhaps your area will be incorporated soon!

ETA: FedEx usually takes photos as well now, but per their typical quirky-at-best service practices, I've received at least four or five photos that just show my house as seen from the truck.  Smiley Very Happy

It helps me (usually) to see the photo ("proof of delivery).

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

That picture is definitely identifiable to me as being the office of my apartment complex.

That part of the process was "status quo"

The communication failure was actually mine ... the shelves had been re-assigned within the pkg room but I was too sick to find that email!

UPS... a word in their favor... the "UPS guy who is responsible for our complex is well-known, trusted and well-liked by our office personnel. I figure this time of year shipping packages become quite a load for each delivery person. 🫶🏻