Esteemed Contributor

"I need my lip gloss and breath mints"

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@KKJ  I know what you mean. But one that really grates my nerves is HSN hosts  most often substitute the word scent for flavor. Not the same thing at all, Scent is the word to describe a smell, , flavoris used for taste. This is routinely even done on the automated phone ordering. Really  really irritating to me. Surely you guys know the difference between your nose and your mouth.

This made me laugh out loud!  So true, @webbgarner1 !  👃🏻👄

Trusted Contributor

(this was said by a vendor - not a host) she was talking about shoes and described it as fresh and crisp. 🤔

Trusted Contributor

(this was said by a vendor - not a host) she was talking about shoes and described them as fresh and crisp 🤔

Honored Contributor

Let's not forget Shawn saying, " I don't usually like, ( whatever she is selling), but this is different."  That particular tired ploy is so obnoxious.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

2,000 have been ordered before the show...They are "flying" out of here...This is the only order of the year..

OVC is desperate...

Respected Contributor

@on the bay 

Much like saying - Re-la-tor. (realtor)

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Sayings by the hosts

[ Edited ]

Here's the thing...

I'm sure everyone's heard the old story about prospective hosts having to describe a pencil for 30 minutes during their screen tests lol. That they were adept at that, though, doesn't mean it's easy for them to drone on and on, and endlessly effuse over the same merchandise, finding new things to say.

The "-ations" are funny, too: coloration, fabrication, formulation.

Yes, these oft-repeated words and phrases can be amusing!

What worries you masters you.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do not think it was 30 minutes. And I beleve it was BB and KL.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sayings by the hosts

[ Edited ]

@deweydoo wrote:

Drives me nuts when a certain vendor says "ca en", instead of cotton.....or "bu en" instead of button. Correct enunciation is everything.

@deweydoo  I watch a BeautyYouTuber, Dominique Sachse, who is a news anchor in Texas, and has the best speech/diction/enunciation of anyone I've ever heard - An absolute joy to listen to her speak. She has had voice/speech training being that she makes her living by (primarily) using her voice. 

You would think that people who choose to make a career that requires speech as a primary 'tool' would have some type of voice training; definitely not unheard of. There is 'training'  in most, if not every, job position.

If you plan on being an orator, in any capacity, then be prepared. 

I guess the QVC producers don't think it's necessary. ? 

F/N/A luvstogarden