Valued Contributor

Spurt,  Thanks for posting that wonderful video. Those were such fun.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Again, a reminder that QVC is a programmed shopping network.  Not entertainment.  Check your local channels for viewing entertainment.

Again, a reminder, it's been said and said and then said again... their stale model isn't working for EITHER potential shoppers or for those seeking entertainment... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

Please.......keep your day job : )

I would rather be at a job then listening to this.   LOLOLOLOL  I would rather be dancing  :0)

---------

Question, why do you watch?

I've always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that repeat programs, are used, because, QVC, assumes that people tune in at various times, and most are not watching all day long.  I know that's always been true for me.  

Honored Contributor

Well, what we learn here is everyone does or doesn't watch QVC for various reasons.

All many of us have to do is reach way back into our closets and find some of the wonderful clothes we USED to be able to buy on QVC.

I recently did that.  The clothes I get now are ALL (and I mean ALL) made in China. 

There's not much choice, that's all there is....I guess.

Some of the designers from past have gone ....somewhere...but not on QVC.

All of QVC's clothes look the same.  

I'm probably in the minority, but sometimes I like to have a garment (mainly in summer) that is made mostly of cotton.  Very few things these days.

I can't shop in stores.  I have a bad back that allows me to get from A to C (sometimes stopping at B).  It's impossible for me to walk around for very long.

I used to love walking in all the stores.  I'd spend hours walking around and looking and talking to everyone.  The only time I do that now is at the grocery store and in the end I can barely get into my car.

There are people like myself.  As we get old(er) it's hard to get the thing we need or want (especially this time of year).

That's where QVC and those TV shows come in.  

I see the same thing day after day. I keep the TV and QVC on at each end of the house.  I live alone (with 2 cats) and I like hearing voices sometimes.

I just pulled out a really pretty yellow shirt that was from Quacker Factory.  It wasn't plastered with ducks or stuff on it.  It had a few sparkles but I could have worn it to work (if I had worked).  It was attractive.  I haven't seen anything like that in maybe 2 or 3 YEARS.  Mainly, it didn't have a lot of lycra or whatever manufacturers put in their clothes.  UGH!

Phew!  OK, I'll move away from the computer.  I doubt if QVC is going to go back because obviously they have CEO's and COO's and whatever all that is called these days.  I worked for the government.  We had one boss and that was the President.  I don't know what all of those initials do; what I do know is someone isn't making good decisions.....

and I think one thing we can pretty much agree on...not many of the changes are a good idea...

If we could vote I think we'd know how that vote would go!

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

Please.......keep your day job : )

I would rather be at a job then listening to this.   LOLOLOLOL  I would rather be dancing  :0)

---------

Question, why do you watch?

I've always assumed, rightly or wrongly, that repeat programs, are used, because, QVC, assumes that people tune in at various times, and most are not watching all day long.  I know that's always been true for me.  

Answer, I don't. The product mix ceased to be at all compelling and the host's sales pitches, at the behest of management, became supremely annoying. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe   I think you have LOST IT.... go see a shrink ASAP

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Again, a reminder that QVC is a programmed shopping network.  Not entertainment.  Check your local channels for viewing entertainment.

@rms1954 

I personally dont watch QVC for entertainment, but 

CEO of QURATE Mike George disagrees with you...here's his vision of QVC and QURATE....from an interview with Shopping Magazine.....

It’s this pitch-perfect mix of information, entertainment, salesmanship and storytelling.  “Our customers are joining us for entertainment and for connection as much as they are looking to make a purchase, if not more so,” says CEO Mike George."

@Spurt 

My response to Mike George would be......."surely you jest".

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

To QVC please stop
We don't want to see you flop

The TSV's morning noon and night
are causing us to be irritable and want to fight

We need someting new to see

Cause we are not filled with glee

I would rather hear chalk on a chalkboard all day
Then to listen about a laptop or a charger, I want to toss in the hay

@BalletBabe 

LOL....GREAT JOB! Woman Very Happy

@Spurt    Thanks!    LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BalletBabe   I think you have LOST IT.... go see a shrink ASAP

@SeaMaiden   Nope, I am just a fun person---sorry if your not!   Merry Christmas @SeaMaiden 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Well, what we learn here is everyone does or doesn't watch QVC for various reasons.

All many of us have to do is reach way back into our closets and find some of the wonderful clothes we USED to be able to buy on QVC.

I recently did that.  The clothes I get now are ALL (and I mean ALL) made in China. 

There's not much choice, that's all there is....I guess.

Some of the designers from past have gone ....somewhere...but not on QVC.

All of QVC's clothes look the same.  

I'm probably in the minority, but sometimes I like to have a garment (mainly in summer) that is made mostly of cotton.  Very few things these days.

I can't shop in stores.  I have a bad back that allows me to get from A to C (sometimes stopping at B).  It's impossible for me to walk around for very long.

I used to love walking in all the stores.  I'd spend hours walking around and looking and talking to everyone.  The only time I do that now is at the grocery store and in the end I can barely get into my car.

There are people like myself.  As we get old(er) it's hard to get the thing we need or want (especially this time of year).

That's where QVC and those TV shows come in.  

I see the same thing day after day. I keep the TV and QVC on at each end of the house.  I live alone (with 2 cats) and I like hearing voices sometimes.

I just pulled out a really pretty yellow shirt that was from Quacker Factory.  It wasn't plastered with ducks or stuff on it.  It had a few sparkles but I could have worn it to work (if I had worked).  It was attractive.  I haven't seen anything like that in maybe 2 or 3 YEARS.  Mainly, it didn't have a lot of lycra or whatever manufacturers put in their clothes.  UGH!

Phew!  OK, I'll move away from the computer.  I doubt if QVC is going to go back because obviously they have CEO's and COO's and whatever all that is called these days.  I worked for the government.  We had one boss and that was the President.  I don't know what all of those initials do; what I do know is someone isn't making good decisions.....

and I think one thing we can pretty much agree on...not many of the changes are a good idea...

If we could vote I think we'd know how that vote would go!

@Annabellethecat66     Great post!!!  You are so correct!