Esteemed Contributor

Re: SIX THREADS SHUT DOWN! ?

One thing that's still with us after the big changes a few years ago are the posters who want to control the boards and tell the rest of us what topics we may or may not iniitiate.....

Honored Contributor

It’s obvious by the titles what the discussions should be about in Beauty Forum, Fashion Forum, etc. I’m not clear, especially after discussions of hosts/vendors were closed, what should and should not be posted under Q Talk?

I assumed that was where we were to voice our opinions, good or bad about the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

All of our likes and dislikes of hosts are different, so who's opinion should QVC take? Do a poll on the forums? I think we are a minuscule amount of viewers. Poll every purchaser? Who is to say who is right? 

If you can stand a host, don't purchase during their presentation.

---------------------

And I don't watch either.  

My employees always had a lot of contact with customers.  I always had a method to receive feedback from those customers using our services. And there were the good and the not so good comments.  I worked with my staff on the negatives; complimented them on the positives. It did help me evaluate their job performance..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

QVC sales depend very much on how the hosts do their job of selling the products on TV screen.  I also think QVC sales are made by vendors' presentations.  Some techniques used by hosts and vendors are good and some are frankly, just terrible.There are several hosts and vendors that I just do not watch due to behavior or presentation skills, regardless of the product being sold. And I want QVC to know why I won't watch one of their shows.

So I think posts about hosts' or vendors' behavior and their sales techniques should be accepted - and even acknowledged - by QVC.  The feedback is about 'how' the hosts and vendors do their job and QVC , as their employer,  should want to hear all feedback -- positive or negative. 

@corita  

EXCELLENT POSTS!!!!  ITA!!! 

If a host is doing something that makes people STOP watching/buying customers should be able to leave constructive feedback, and QVC should take note, especially when financials arent that hot. 

Now QVC certainly SHOULD remove any nasty comments that arent constructive.  But those that dont want us to say anything at all because it "might hurt a host's feelings"--COME ON---If a host is so sensitive and can't handle constructive criticism (which is NOT mean spirited)---maybe that host needs to find a new career.   Job performance is ALWAYS critiqued......and in the TV industry, more so by the public, it comes with that six figure salary .......And one host sets herself up for critics to come out of the woodwork.....

Not all comments about hosts have been negative, there have been positive threads too about Leah, Pat, Gabrielle, Jayne Brown to name a few....Should those be stopped too, so the feelings of the the hosts that didnt get a compliment arent hurt?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

All of our likes and dislikes of hosts are different, so who's opinion should QVC take? Do a poll on the forums? I think we are a minuscule amount of viewers. Poll every purchaser? Who is to say who is right? 

@proudlyfromNJ

But it seems that the so called "minuscule amount of viewers who post comments"---NAILED IT and were totally correct and the results of QVC's recent financial report proved it and were also correct on the feedback in that report on different categories of products and their sales results.

!

And if people make comments over and over and over there's something wrong, and management should review the host's presentations, sales etc. and see if training is needed............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

But it seems that the so called "minuscule amount of viewers who post comments"---NAILED IT and were totally correct regardin the results of QVC's recent financial report and feedback in that report on different categories of products!

And if people make comments over and over and over there's something wrong, and management should review the host's presentations, sales etc. and see if training is needed............

@Spurt 👏🏻

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I've long been of the mind that when one chooses a career in televiision, which all hosts have done, one's voice and/or appearance are open for commentary.  No one is forcing them to be TV personalities.

Granted, there are degrees of criticism, some of which are unacceptable, but I think that QVC does its hosts and shoppers a disservice by expunging all comments which they view as critical  Otherwise, the hosts are operating in a bubble and think that they are perfectly fine.

-------------------

Exactly!!  If hosts and vendors are rated by the number of sales, I think their employers are missing part of the evaluation.  Customer feedback is - should be - very important.  Just think how the sales would increase if some of these employees would just change up their behavior and sales techniques.

@corita@Johnnyeager   I agree with certain comments should be allowed BUT Some people are worrying to much about everything they say and do.  How they like their hair, How their make up is, if they repeat a certain phrase.   Q is not going to fire everyone of the hosts that do things wrong.  It is about sales.  I think comments or suggestions are fine, but making fun of their veiny hands, and how horrible their hairdo is, or their outfits are ugly, is just mean.  That was my point.   Remember Q has millions of viewers.  I doubt they even have hudreds on these boards.  JMO

@BalletBabe

For example if a host's hair is hanging in one of their eyes and a host is bothered by it too, and keeps messing with it, that's a definite distraction from the product and presentation and makes me turn the channel and no sale for QVC.......

And instead of wearing clothing that's being presented on the fashion show, some hosts do look like they came from the beach or were running late and hopped out of bed and ran to the Q studio....... Again its a distraction because the viewer is focusing on the host's odd outfit instead of the merchandise being sold......Its a simple remedy--wear the Q merchandise....be professional in speech! (no repetitive words, no baby talk or made up words)   Now veiny hands or making fun of someone's ears, or lips--that is DEFINITELY taking it too far!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

They don't like any criticism of Shawn.

I don't think they like any criticism of any host.  I don't think Q talk was created as a place to bash the hosts.  I think people need to think before they post about if that host saw what you posted , would it hurt their feelings?  If the answer is yes, then it should not be posted. 

@BalletBabe  @Shanus

When they used to have definitions for each Forum Category--- Q TALK used to be "tell us what you like and what you dont like on everything QVC"

But with all the changes that were made not sure what exactly they want in this topic....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

They don't like any criticism of Shawn.

I don't think they like any criticism of any host.  I don't think Q talk was created as a place to bash the hosts.  I think people need to think before they post about if that host saw what you posted , would it hurt their feelings?  If the answer is yes, then it should not be posted. 

@BalletBabe  @Shanus

When they used to have definitions for each Forum Category--- Q TALK used to be "tell us what you like and what you dont like on everything QVC"

But with all the changes that were made not sure what exactly they want in this topic....

@Spurt  That’s what I’m clear about either. What is Q Talk for if not discuss everything about QVC...not specifically beauty, fashion, etc.? 

How can we ask the mods to specifically respond to that question? This forum and Suggestion Box can both be potential danger zones.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Wow, on this forum alone 6 topics have been shut down!  Seems excessive. 

@this is my nicI'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down for "challenging moderation" which is a TOU violation.   You should be thankful it hasn't been yet.