New Contributor

Re: Rock Solid hosts

[ Edited ]

Well someone mentioned a pet peeve of mine.

I don't think ANY host presents as much information as I would like. David is too busy repeatin the colors a million times, Shawn and Jane are too busy telling their stories, Rick is too amped up to remember to do it.

How do you sell things and not give the measurements or the capacity, or weight? Or,  heaven forbid, when it comes to food, actually give the nutritional information...you know like the calories, or fiber or sodium or sugar content?

I'm constantly asking the TV sceen....but what SIZE is it? How big or small is it? How may calories are in it, or how much sodium, etc.

As for hosts:

Faves: Shawn, Kortney, David and Rachel

Like Rick but he's too hyped when he does the hard sell. Like Dan but everyone is his "good friend" schtick is tired. (Like that makes in trsutworthy or something.) Alberti is watchable....most times, when he's not preening or being over the top about food items. I like Jane RT -- but I can't stand her stories. I know they tell hosts to come up with stories. But I don't think she can sell not one item without mentiong a family member or friend. I HATE her stories. 

Can't watch too much of Sandra (fake AND she interrupts OAPS), or Jane, or Mary Beth or Pat,

Can't stand: Jayne B, Kirsten -- who is an absolute instant click. ( I can't believe the canned Stacey Stauffer and kept Kirsten) And, I hate to say it, but I think Elise is boring as heck. She just doesn't hold my interest. And I'm not a fan of Leah. Her giggly laugh is just too phony. And sometimes she comes off as not being prepared. I know they could have changed the lineup on her, but still, even when she's prepared I can't watch more than a minute of her.

Ali Carr...used to like her more I think. Now many times she seems bubbbly and fake. Julia Cearly, no opinion. Katrina Szish knows fashion but so what.

As we all know, I'm sure...one viewer's favorites hosts, could be another viewer's absolute worst...and for the same reasons. One person's upbeat personality is another person's fakeness, one person's down-to-earth  nature is another viewer's boring.

Regular Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The OP only mentions Elise.

Someone else brought in Sandra.

Who's the traffic cop authorized to determine it stops there?

A two host limit on discussion?

Seems to me the topic is inclusive of all hosts.

I agree with your last comment.  It seems we have a hall monitor who loves rapping people's knuckles with a ruler.  

I like most of the hosts; only two that I find not so great.  I d like to see Elise do more of the beauty shows as I get more info and not all the personal stories.

Contributor

Sandra Bennett IS ALWAYS INTERUPPING THE PERSON SELLING..IT GETS ANNOYING SHE'S NICE BUT HAS THAT HABIT..SHE'S NOT A ROCK SOLID HOST BECAUSE OF THAT...Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Well, Sandra was hired immediately after her audition she was so good.  I only enjoy Sandra, Alberti, Carolyn and Elyse.

Contributor

All of the QVC hosts are very professional in their presentations of products and are people who are knowledgeable , genuine, funny, and truly likable. I especially love watching veteran hosts, those who have been with the Q the longest.  They are the consumate professionals, seasoned, warm, and to me, extremely trustworthy and respectful towards the viewers, the brand representatives and one another.  All, except for one female host whose smart-aleck behavior and acerbic attitude during her shows has become unacceptable. She has behaved in an annoyingly conceited, insolent and flippant manner during the many years she has been with the Q. She has often been rude and argumentive with brand representatives with whom she has co-presented (at least two of them), and with at least one of the very sweet, long-time models. These instances occurred during the live broadcasts. It is regrettable that she is still employed as a host at the Q.  Her latest instance of passive/agressive & very rude behavior occurred last evening during a presentation.  I love watching the Q and have done so for many years.  I can no longer tolerate this particular host and therefore, will no longer watch any show she is hosting which is a shame because I think the Q has the best products available. My loss.   :- (

Contributor

I think it is because Shawn has a toxic personality. True, people have good days & bad days. If this is the case, then I guess NONE of the other hosts, male or female have ever had a bad day while doing presentations.  Interesting . . . . . . .

Contributor

I love Sandra Bennett. She is a lovely presenter whose gentle and sincere personality shines through during her presentations. She projects kindess and humility.  I don't understand why some viewers do not like her.

I wish one very rude, smart-aleck female host would take some lessons from Sandra.  Or better yet, just leave.  She brings nothing of value to QVC.  I don't understand why she is still employed.  OVC can do so much better.  

Contributor

Me too!  They are fun, informative, kind and gracious!  I hope we see more of them. 

Contributor
❤ Elise!!!
Respected Contributor

maybe you should watch another shopping network if you dont like most hosts on the q