QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sandra comes across to me as very cold and insincere.  I don't believe a word she says.  Never cared for her. 

@Kachina624 

Sometimes Sandra can come across as "bored with her job" and can bore viewers, but I will say she did an excellent job with her Irish Show maybe because she liked the products and enjoyed working with the Irish  vendors....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Elise is calm, pleasant, and does her homework on the products she presents.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

shawn is probably my favorite host if i had to name one, but i really enjoy ALL of the hosts who have been here a long time. of the ones that have been here a much shorter period of time, i would have to say my favorite is katrina szish followed closely by courtney khondabi. i definitely prefer bubbly, quirky, fun hosts with lots of personality.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor
I agree. To hold my interest, the host has to have some spunk. My favorites are Rick and Pat. Rick is a hoot and I'd love to go for coffee with Pat.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy watching Elise, especially on beauty shows, which, in my opinion is her niche.  Even when she is presenting a line I don't particularly like, I watch her just for the enjoyment of listening to her present the products.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@maximillian    We weren't discussing Shawn.  The topic was Sandra and Elise. 

@Kachina624  No the topic is rock solid hosts, which can mean any of them.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP only mentions Elise.

Someone else brought in Sandra.

Who's the traffic cop authorized to determine it stops there?

A two host limit on discussion?

Seems to me the topic is inclusive of all hosts.

Valued Contributor
Am watching Elise presenting a beauty show. She is doing a great job. Make up seems to be her thing.She must have had an off day when I last saw her. Glad I saw her today.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rock Solid hosts

[ Edited ]

From what I read Mary Beth handles the training and then they are assigned another host as a mentor. Eventually when they feel more comfortable they insert their own personality within the confines that QVC and the Producer tells them. I guess our own personality helps to determine what hosts we can relate to. But they need to remember  QVC is a shopping channel and their actual job is to sell products. Some miss the mark and faiI to provide important information and the website leaves us wanting more. Personality is important but this isn't their personal talk show, the products are the stars and some seem to forget this and it's interesting that the category where sales are declining are where the hosts forgets what their job is actually all about