Valued Contributor

Re: Remember when Gourmet Holiday was once in awhile?

I know a lot of people do but I would NEVER waste my money on QVC's food.  It's too expensive for me and I can buy products just as good, if not better in the local stores.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought you didn't have to RETURN the food?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Regular Contributor

I look forward to those shows.  Love to try new products & the meat in my grocery store has gone up in price & looks terrible.  I live alone so it really doesn't cost any more than eating out.

Trusted Contributor

I watch the food shows periodically but I just hate to see all that prepped food go to waste. The hosts don't eat it so does it get thrown away? I think that is just so wasteful. I also don't like when the smash things open with their fingers. A lot of it looks good but too expensive for me. The waste makes me upset.
Honored Contributor

@lilmadadi You don't. I'm sure she meant she hot a refund for it.
Frequent Contributor

I used to love to watch the gourmet holiday shows but the current hosts are not my cup of tea.  However many folks like them so its only fair that the hosts periodically switch up.  

I watch for things that look good and then I keep my eyes open at stores and warehouse retailers.  Found many of the items there for less.  Of course that was pre-Covid. 🤷‍♀️ 

Respected Contributor

Yep.  And I also remember when Paul Kelley and Jiudy Crowell hosted the morning show on QVC.  Times change.  things move on.

Occasional Contributor

I used to enjoy this show but just can’t do it anymore. Alberti and Rachel act like are on some morning radio show trying to be loud and funny. They act like this is the first time they have seen food. Sorry.