Respected Contributor

Re: Remember when Gourmet Holiday was once in awhile?

Remember when Christmas stuff wasn't shown till after Thanksgiving?  Now it's rammed down our throats starting July 1.

Honored Contributor

They could surely do without Holiday in the show title now.  Just call it, Gourmet Everyday.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 Actually, here in western WA state, I've seen it at my Safeway and heard it on the local news today that stores are well stocked. In addition, and I've seen this too, prices have reverted mostly to pre-pandemic prices and some are even a bit lower.

Frequent Contributor

I can tell you that is NOT the case in my area of SW Ohio.  Stock on many items is still hit and miss.  Large empty spaces on shelves and purchase limits on items.  I was left shaking my head when on my last trip to Kroger, there was a limit of 2 items of dishwasher pods!  Never would have predicted that one.  I have standing order with all my kids to check for sugar free liquid creamer anytime they are at the grocery.  Don't know why they can't keep that in stock, but they can't.

Esteemed Contributor

Mike George reported that the food category has been QVC's fastest growing and most profitable sector. Hence, the growing airtime.  I can't blame them for capitalizing on the demand. 

Respected Contributor

We tried a lot of food this year from QVC.  Some on auto delivery.  We enjoyed everything but one item so far.  We received a credit for that one and had to toss.  

We enjoy cooking at home and also having our freezer full with a variety of food.  Free shipping on most food items and some special pricing as well.  Dining out can be expensive and we never do and we have fun cooking at home.  

Super Contributor

I might be able to fit it into the food budget, but the cost  is too   high and I'm not ordereing. Also, I have read accounts of frozen food sitting n a warehouse for so long that it begins to thaw. What a hassle! I'm also also tired of Gourmet Holiday and don't watch anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I do think the food shows are shown more often than in the past.  And I used to watch more often then than I do now.  Since Rachel and Alberti seem to be the major food show hosts, I just don't watch their shows.  Yesterday, I watched most of Carolyn and Mary's segment, but changed the channel when the second set of hosts began their show.

I do purchase food from the Q.  Some items have been excellent and some I 'returned'.  I do order more food items for holiday gifts because the offers are usually foods I can not find in my area. 

Respected Contributor

@corita 

I agree, Alberti needs to tone down the excitement.  He goes bonkers over just about every item!  

The prices for most food items are high in my opinion, however, I imagine you are paying for the shipping and handling in the price even though they say free shipping.  Its working for them; food is selling.  I think a lot of Q watchers are seniors who like food being delivered especially during this pandemic.  My favorite food item which I have bought several times is Heartland Fresh Chicken Breasts with or without the biscuits.  They cook fast in my air fryer and are all breast meat with no filler.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@corita 

I agree, Alberti needs to tone down the excitement.  He goes bonkers over just about every item!  

The prices for most food items are high in my opinion, however, I imagine you are paying for the shipping and handling in the price even though they say free shipping.  Its working for them; food is selling.  I think a lot of Q watchers are seniors who like food being delivered especially during this pandemic.  My favorite food item which I have bought several times is Heartland Fresh Chicken Breasts with or without the biscuits.  They cook fast in my air fryer and are all breast meat with no filler.

@Catch71   Alberti and Rachel both need to tone it down!!   It's all too phony.  They act like they have never seen food before!  Can't watch either one of them.