Respected Contributor

Re: REVAMPED PROGRAM GUIDE!!!

I don't care for it all either. When I do use it I click to the weekly view and find it easier to read. Plus it does tell you the host. I do like that feature. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45

Check your version of FireFox is it a 32 bit or 64 bit....???

What I found out was that there was a lot of bugs with the Firefox version they released last October, and when they sent out a patch, it changed some of the browsers from 64 bit to 32 bit of their update.  Although I had the latest Firefox version it was a 32 bit on Firefox, but a 64 bit on Chrome.  I updated my Firefox to 64 bit and it brought up the old guide but 5 seconds later it changed it to the new version of the program guide.....

Anyway see if that option works for you......

@Spurtit is 64 bit.

i am accessing the program guide via the drop down feature that says "shop qvc tv" towards the upper right hand corner of the site. it is still the same.

that is fine for me right now. i honestly dont have any issues using it in that way, mostly because i dont check qvc2 or the beauty channel.

it will probably change eventually.

thank you! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

What's wierd I tried it with Firefox and it says my version is up to date, and I get the old Program Guide format....INTERESTING!

Firefox Quantum 

iMac (2017)

Sierra 10.12.6

I also still show the "old" program guide on the browsers that I use, Waterfox (v56.2.2-64-bit) & Safari (v11.1.2) as backup.

I stopped using Quantum when it first came out.  Too buggy for my "new" iMac at that time.  I have since switched to Waterfox (v56.2.2-64-bit).  Reminds me of Netscape.  Remember them?

Hate Safari.  I can count the times on one hand I've used it since Apple switched from IE to Safari. Smiley LOL

My 10 yr old Snow Leopard MBP, using older than dirt versions of FF & Safari shows the old program guide. 

Strange why some folks can "see" the new version guide while others can't.  The only thing I can think of is that the IT dept is using the BETA version until all the kinks/bugs are dealt with.

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when there used to be periodic discussions here about showing the host for each show.  One poster in particular was absolutely adamant that they would never, ever do it and should not do it out of concern for the hosts' safety.

I thought that was an odd explanation, given that one-third of the shows already had a host name in the titile!

Trusted Contributor

I agree that having to scroll through the listings could be better, but I like seeing all 3 channels.  I rarely watch Beauty IQ, but since having it right in front of me, I did check out 1 show.  Also, I love seeing who is hosting.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the new daily program guide at all.  It is too busy.  I can select the Weekly view and it has not changed.  It works for me.  I use it instead of the daily view.

As for the hosts,l I don't care which one is hosting a show.  If it is a program I want to see I will watch no matter who the host is.  Some are better than others but if it gets too much, I mute for awhile and just listen when am item I'm interested in is showing.  I only watch the programs of the few brands I usually purchase.   Otherwise I check the Programs Recently Aired to see if anything I might be interested in has been presented. 

Honored Contributor

It’s AWESOME, I noticed it the other day.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
New Contributor

Re: REVAMPED PROGRAM GUIDE!!! Horrible....

This is horrible and I've had it with changes.  I can no longer see a listing of the days shows or look at the products presented.  It no loger gives me that option.  REALLY?  I personally don't care who is hosting the show but I do want to see what was available today and watch pertinent videos.  I rarely watch a show as I just don't have the time.  There are other cable shopping shows ....  I wonder how many sales you are lossing now?  Yes... I am highly frustrated and have watched QVC since the beginning but you are making purchasing virtually impossible...

Honored Contributor

Click onto (for instance) Barefoot Dreams on QVC (regular channel), then click onto the items shown.  See one item you want to watch the video of and then you want to return to the other items shown during that hour.  You cannot do it.  You have to go all the way back to the main program guide, scroll through all the way back to 12 a.m. or whatever time and then go to the items shown in that hour and click onto the next one you want.  Suppose you want to see another item.  You have to repeat that whole darn process all over.  Just when you thought this tech squad could get no worse.

Frequent Contributor

I’m on an iPad. For me, it’s clunky. I used to look at the weekly view, I don’t see it now. So, I won’t be looking at the guide as much, if ever, since there is no weekly view. Also I don’t care who the host is, I’m looking at the product, not the host.