Frequent Contributor

I have a question about how the Q decides what revews are actually shown.  I submitted a bad review on an item yesterday (I tried to describe what was wrong with the product so other readers would know my experience with it).  It was not added to the product reviews however there are several 5 star reviews dated later than mine that have been added.  Is the Q not letting their customers know that not everyone loves something and it's not for everyone?  It was a beauty kit and I added my age and what my other recommendations were thinking I might be able to help someone into not making a mistake because the on air presentation was so different than the actual product.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Star Ratings

A third party handles the reviews.  I've seen a number of reviews posted that clearly indicated the person didn't buy the product.  No idea what criteria they look for, but I have seen many 1 and 2 star reviews.

Honored Contributor

QVC posts all reviews that meet their standards.  Many people don't actually review the performance of the product but instead use the review function to gripe about slow shipping, limited sizes or colors, or anything that crosses their mind.  This a not a forum for discussion of customer service issues like it was broken, arrived wrinkled, took too long to ship, didn't fit... too large/small, on and on. Often if you'll re-write using this criteria it will be accepted.  Just keep in mind what a product review is or should be.  They publish many negative ones as well as those with five stars. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

A third party handles the reviews.  I've seen a number of reviews posted that clearly indicated the person didn't buy the product.  No idea what criteria they look for, but I have seen many 1 and 2 star reviews.

@GCR18  How do you know this? 

Honored Contributor

I have no idea how they decide, but I know they do publish negative reviews because in the last few weeks I actually began to read reviews before ordering some products offered on clearance. 

Sometimes the reasons for a low number were meaningless to me, but several times I decided to forego the product.  I don't need the average to be the very highest -  most clearance everywhere is chearance for a reason -  but when a number of reviewers tell me something important to me, I do listen.

Esteemed Contributor

@OutofMadison,  please read @Kachina624's post carefully. She's absolutely right, and has answered this question for many before you.

You say you 'want to help someone to not make a mistake '?

I get the impression you feel you were deceived about what you were ordering.

I read the product descriptions. I don't expect anything other than what I read there and see in the pictures.

Did you review the product you ordered, or did you review your false expectation, and subsequent disappointment? 

Frequent Contributor

I carefully watched the presentation of the TSV many times before ordering.  My expectations were that it lived up to what was presented - it was not drying on the skin, it did not enhance or sit in pores/lines and the color was neutral.  None of these things were true and there are one star reviews that are now on the product that also suggested these things might be a problem.  I am not trying to say the product won't work for some people - I just wanted to let viewers know my experience - which is what I expect when I look at reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Try re-writing then.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  How do you know 

A mod mentioned it in a post.  It was before all the forum changes.  I remember all kinds of useless information, but can't remember what I had for breakfast.  I guess I am assuming it's still that way.  @Kachina624

Honored Contributor

@GCR18  Your comment was the first I'd ever heard that.  If it's true, they're doing a slovenly job and should be fired.