Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC we want u to survive!

What irks me is the constant changing of prices.  They have sooooo many different price points, that it is ridiculous.  So everyday, I am looking at my order status to check to see if anything I bought in the last 30 days has gone down in price.  I get a LOT of price adjustments.  It is nice that they will do that for me.  But on the other hand, it is time consuming for me to check everything, either on my phone or my computer.  I know I don't have to do it, but getting a bit more off makes the price more reasonable.

I know that this likely increases sales - QVC price, sale price, TSV price, one time only price, clearance sale price, and on and on.  But frankly I wish they would have one price and it stays that price.  Then it goes on clearance, and can only go down from there, and not bounce all over the place.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Gunnerboy  I like seeing that, makes me happy,

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips   Thanks for reminding me to start checking for price adjustments.  I have gotten a few but found them by accident.  I never have intentionally checked for them, but I will start.  I seldom buy a One Time Only Price.  I wonder if you later get a price adjustment on those items if any are left.   I doubt it.

I do like the special price on the TSV and I  appreciate the featured price before it goes up to the higher QVC price  Sales prices are just for a limited time before they go the normal price as those on Style 360 a couple weeks ago.  Saved me a lot of money buying at a sales price before they go to the regular priceg.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find some of their pricing strategies to be odd.

For example, the "sale" price on clearance items, which is temporary. 

Almost all other retailers put inventory on clearance to move it out.  Often, the price continues to drop until it's all gone.  Clear it out, clear it off the shelves......

QVC seems to have an unusual concept of what "clearance" means.

Honored Contributor

they are never going to get the coveted younger customer

for one thing they work trying to buy a house, a wedding, stuff for kids. (for the most part)

and they shop where u can get instant/few days delivery

the ones who have the money are probably our age, no kids house prob paid for

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt - Well said!
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I find some of their pricing strategies to be odd.

For example, the "sale" price on clearance items, which is temporary. 

Almost all other retailers put inventory on clearance to move it out.  Often, the price continues to drop until it's all gone.  Clear it out, clear it off the shelves......

QVC seems to have an unusual concept of what "clearance" means.

For sure and yet there are 1000's of palette stuff on the bay and posh, 

Respected Contributor

I have to admit I used to buy tons of things from the Q.  Unique, good quality, and great customer service.  I can't remember the last time I bought anything.  I don't watch any longer, I only see a few seconds when channel surfing.  I hate the screaming hosts wearing their PJ's.  If I were to be honest with myself, I would miss the forums, but not QVC.  How sad.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    You say it so well.  Why don't you print this and send to Mr. Rawlinson's office?

@Kachina624 @Spurt  I second Kachina624's comment!

How do you know this isn't the direction he has for QVC ? Not that i disagree with what was said. All retail is in upheavel. All they want is sales , what worked 20 years ago is out the window. Remember when we used to shop Montgomery Ward and Sears catalogs. We might not like the changes , but we are in weird times.

Valued Contributor

The Changing Demographics issue is huge. Shopping was fun years for me ... years ago. I guess The Q will keep trying to appeal to younger blood. Many organizations including faith-based groups are not attracting younger blood. Geez even my Weight Watchers meetings are aging out and look dated. We are in a time of big changes, not so comfortable.